Any predictions?
02/03/2011 3:37:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Since the confirmation list as been posted (not a performance list because all the entries have yet to be verified. Once all the entered perfomances are verified on Saturday, the list will become a performanc list) what do you think will be the final outcome? Will the Wakefield girls bust through and win a Winter Track Championship to go with the Outdoor Championship? Which 4A boys team will scratch their way to the top? Will any girls team challenge Cummings for the 1A/2A/3A title this year? Who can escape with a boys 1A/2A/3A championship this year? And what athlete do you expect to see something special from in Fayetteville?
Since the confirmation list as been posted (not a performance list because all the entries have yet to be verified. Once all the entered perfomances are verified on Saturday, the list will become a performanc list) what do you think will be the final outcome? Will the Wakefield girls bust through and win a Winter Track Championship to go with the Outdoor Championship? Which 4A boys team will scratch their way to the top? Will any girls team challenge Cummings for the 1A/2A/3A title this year? Who can escape with a boys 1A/2A/3A championship this year? And what athlete do you expect to see something special from in Fayetteville?
02/03/2011 10:35:41 PM
Coach
@coach_eazy Wakefield will most likely win the 4A unless someone can beat Ariah in the 300, and someone outside of Olicia Sharp wins the 55. Unless Dudley puts a 4x4 together no one will challenge WakeField's relays in the 4A meet. The only hope for everyone else would be that Varonica Johnson, Gabrielle Gray, Madison Rayfield,A girl from Dudley or Dominique Weathers can win the 55 or 300, taking away some of Wakefields indivual awards.
@coach_eazy Wakefield will most likely win the 4A unless someone can beat Ariah in the 300, and someone outside of Olicia Sharp wins the 55. Unless Dudley puts a 4x4 together no one will challenge WakeField's relays in the 4A meet. The only hope for everyone else would be that Varonica Johnson, Gabrielle Gray, Madison Rayfield,A girl from Dudley or Dominique Weathers can win the 55 or 300, taking away some of Wakefields indivual awards.
02/04/2011 9:19:47 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
That's a formidable sprint final. It could be.....guarantee that it will be quick. Here's hoping that you guys have good weather and that everyone makes it through with no injuries. This "Indoor" season has been one for the books!!
That's a formidable sprint final. It could be.....guarantee that it will be quick. Here's hoping that you guys have good weather and that everyone makes it through with no injuries. This "Indoor" season has been one for the books!!
02/07/2011 6:59:33 PM
User
[quote=gbocmusic]@coach_eazy Wakefield will most likely win the 4A unless someone can beat Ariah in the 300, and someone outside of Olicia Sharp wins the 55. Unless Dudley puts a 4x4 together no one will challenge WakeField's relays in the 4A meet. The only hope for everyone else would be that Varonica Johnson, Gabrielle Gray, Madison Rayfield,A girl from Dudley or Dominique Weathers can win the 55 or 300, taking away some of Wakefields indivual awards.[/quote] @gbocmusic Ithink Keni Harrison from Clayton will win the 300 and 500 meters Gabrille Gray 7.70 Varonica Johnson 7.73 Santese Pryor 7.82 Dominque Weathers 7.88 These are the times from the 60 Meters run at KTC Meet this past weekend in Johnson City Tenn. I think any of these young ladies are capable of giving Olivia Sharp a run in the 55 meters. I not handing over the sprint 55 meter just yet to Olivia Sharp
gbocmusic wrote:

@gbocmusic
Ithink Keni Harrison from Clayton will win the 300 and 500 meters
Gabrille Gray 7.70
Varonica Johnson 7.73
Santese Pryor 7.82
Dominque Weathers 7.88
These are the times from the 60 Meters run at KTC Meet this past weekend in Johnson City Tenn.
I think any of these young ladies are capable of giving Olivia Sharp a run in
the 55 meters. I not handing over the sprint 55 meter just yet to Olivia Sharp
02/07/2011 8:48:59 PM
Coach
@EACNUT You may be right. Plus, Gabrielle's my daughter.
@EACNUT You may be right. Plus, Gabrielle's my daughter.
02/07/2011 10:15:07 PM
User
@EACNUT who is Darlene Williams from Charlotte? I do not see her on the 4A qualifiers there is a Darlene Girardeau from South View. Does anyone know who Degega Smith from West Charlotte the top qualifer at 7.04 (6.8)converted handtime is? She does not have a profile on Milesplit and is not listed as a member of the West Charlotte team. I hope that NCHSAA in their haste to get the list finalized does not rank the 55M runners in the order listed on Direct Athletics as the likely winners are in the middle of the list.
@EACNUT who is Darlene Williams from Charlotte? I do not see her on the 4A qualifiers there is a Darlene Girardeau from South View.

Does anyone know who Degega Smith from West Charlotte the top qualifer at 7.04 (6.8)converted handtime is? She does not have a profile on Milesplit and is not listed as a member of the West Charlotte team. I hope that NCHSAA in their haste to get the list finalized does not rank the 55M runners in the order listed on Direct Athletics as the likely winners are in the middle of the list.
02/08/2011 11:56:09 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=jrayfield]@EACNUT who is Darlene Williams from Charlotte? I do not see her on the 4A qualifiers there is a Darlene Girardeau from South View. Does anyone know who Degega Smith from West Charlotte the top qualifer at 7.04 (6.8)converted handtime is? She does not have a profile on Milesplit and is not listed as a member of the West Charlotte team. I hope that NCHSAA in their haste to get the list finalized does not rank the 55M runners in the order listed on Direct Athletics as the likely winners are in the middle of the list.[/quote] @jrayfield Mr. Rayfield, why do you insist on including the NCHSAA in this conversation? There was no "haste to get the list finalized." The list was finalized last Saturday by a group of coaches who scoured through lists of submitted performances from sanctioned meets. If Miss Smith from West Charlotte ran a 6.8 hand-timed, then she did it at a local meet in the Charlotte area that was not uploaded to MileSplit. Is it an incorrect timing? Most likely. If you have been in this long enough, you know what is possible and what is an obvious mistake. But we can not disregard an entry just because we feel it is incorrect -- is the facts say it happened (performan list for meet director, POP sheet signed by meet director) then we let it go and have it proven on the track. Don't worry, Maddie will showcase this weekend, regardless of who seems to be ahead of her at this time.
jrayfield wrote:
@EACNUT who is Darlene Williams from Charlotte? I do not see her on the 4A qualifiers there is a Darlene Girardeau from South View.

Does anyone know who Degega Smith from West Charlotte the top qualifer at 7.04 (6.8)converted handtime is? She does not have a profile on Milesplit and is not listed as a member of the West Charlotte team. I hope that NCHSAA in their haste to get the list finalized does not rank the 55M runners in the order listed on Direct Athletics as the likely winners are in the middle of the list.

@jrayfield Mr. Rayfield, why do you insist on including the NCHSAA in this conversation? There was no "haste to get the list finalized." The list was finalized last Saturday by a group of coaches who scoured through lists of submitted performances from sanctioned meets. If Miss Smith from West Charlotte ran a 6.8 hand-timed, then she did it at a local meet in the Charlotte area that was not uploaded to MileSplit. Is it an incorrect timing? Most likely. If you have been in this long enough, you know what is possible and what is an obvious mistake. But we can not disregard an entry just because we feel it is incorrect -- is the facts say it happened (performan list for meet director, POP sheet signed by meet director) then we let it go and have it proven on the track. Don't worry, Maddie will showcase this weekend, regardless of who seems to be ahead of her at this time.
02/08/2011 5:37:00 PM
User
@jrayfield I miss spelled her name it Varonia Johnson
@jrayfield I miss spelled her name it Varonia Johnson
02/08/2011 6:48:20 PM
Coach
@EACNUT Varonica runs at a private school so she will not be competing at the meet this weekend
@EACNUT
Varonica runs at a private school so she will not be competing at the meet this weekend

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.