REGIONAL T&F Reminder/Question
04/21/2017 10:16:43 AM
Coach
Coaches, don't forget to enter your athletes as soon as they are qualified. If your athlete improves on their qualifying mark, MileSplit can update it automatically. [b] Also, since realignment starts in the fall, how teams supposed to decide on the regional sites for the '18 season? Usually there's a vote before/after the regional meet but there's no need since quite a few schools will be going up or down in class. Is this something we'll cover at the Summer Clinic? Just wondering.[/b]
Coaches, don't forget to enter your athletes as soon as they are qualified. If your athlete improves on their qualifying mark, MileSplit can update it automatically.

Also, since realignment starts in the fall, how teams supposed to decide on the regional sites for the '18 season? Usually there's a vote before/after the regional meet but there's no need since quite a few schools will be going up or down in class. Is this something we'll cover at the Summer Clinic? Just wondering.
04/21/2017 10:54:32 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=deiselio]Coaches, don't forget to enter your athletes as soon as they are qualified. If your athlete improves on their qualifying mark, MileSplit can update it automatically.[/quote] @deiselio Coach, this would be a new feature for MileSplit. Entry updates have never been automatically updated, we have always had to delete and reenter athlete. The athlete's profile updates automatically, but I have never (including this year) found entries getting updated, have to do it myself.
deiselio wrote:
Coaches, don't forget to enter your athletes as soon as they are qualified. If your athlete improves on their qualifying mark, MileSplit can update it automatically.

@deiselio

Coach, this would be a new feature for MileSplit. Entry updates have never been automatically updated, we have always had to delete and reenter athlete. The athlete's profile updates automatically, but I have never (including this year) found entries getting updated, have to do it myself.
04/21/2017 11:52:03 AM
Coach
@deiselio It doesn't update automatically. The meet manager has to click the "update seeds" button on the meet management page and then the system will try to find better performances for everyone entered in the meet.
@deiselio
It doesn't update automatically. The meet manager has to click the "update seeds" button on the meet management page and then the system will try to find better performances for everyone entered in the meet.
04/21/2017 12:40:41 PM
Coach
@CDoug you are correct. That's what I mean without stating the specific details. There have been some athletes entered into meets with marks from the previous year. It's not a new thing to me since I've been a meet director and do a lot of timing.
@CDoug you are correct. That's what I mean without stating the specific details. There have been some athletes entered into meets with marks from the previous year.

It's not a new thing to me since I've been a meet director and do a lot of timing.
04/21/2017 12:43:38 PM
Coach
@PBolton If you have access to the meet, you can change the configuration of the meet so that you only accept the athlete's best mark for the current year and not their overall best. Most of this is figured out by trial and error, for me at least. I've asked George and now Jason questions about MileSplit since I'm with the meet administration for our conference and region.
@PBolton If you have access to the meet, you can change the configuration of the meet so that you only accept the athlete's best mark for the current year and not their overall best.

Most of this is figured out by trial and error, for me at least. I've asked George and now Jason questions about MileSplit since I'm with the meet administration for our conference and region.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.