Royals High School Twilight Invitational 2015
09/18/2015 10:13:33 AM
User
@CoachGeorgeRJR Curious if any progress had been made on certifying the distance from last Saturday night's race? Thanks.
@CoachGeorgeRJR Curious if any progress had been made on certifying the distance from last Saturday night's race? Thanks.
09/19/2015 6:44:05 AM
Coach
NCRUNNERS has decided to leave the results as 3 miles. It was measured multiple times at over 4900m and I wheeled it once under. I didn't see the course setup with cones so I probably cut the turns way too close. Anyway, with it being that close, they decided to go with 3 miles. Sorry! I will verify the distance personally the day before the race next year.
NCRUNNERS has decided to leave the results as 3 miles. It was measured multiple times at over 4900m and I wheeled it once under. I didn't see the course setup with cones so I probably cut the turns way too close. Anyway, with it being that close, they decided to go with 3 miles. Sorry! I will verify the distance personally the day before the race next year.
09/19/2015 3:31:25 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Bird10241 To clarify: one coach wheeled it down the middle (the old way of course measuring) this week, and reported a distance of 4908. Since the course is a triple loop, the shortest path will be significantly less than the "down the middle" measurement. The current standard is to measure shortest path, but the inside was marked by cones at the meet, and they were no longer there. The only measurement that I've had reported directly to me (not passed on secondhand) is the down-the-middle 4908m, and that does nothing to convince me that the times are not 3 Miles. I plan to write more about the process and my conclusions this coming week. It's what I would call a "teachable moment!"
@Bird10241 To clarify: one coach wheeled it down the middle (the old way of course measuring) this week, and reported a distance of 4908. Since the course is a triple loop, the shortest path will be significantly less than the "down the middle" measurement.

The current standard is to measure shortest path, but the inside was marked by cones at the meet, and they were no longer there. The only measurement that I've had reported directly to me (not passed on secondhand) is the down-the-middle 4908m, and that does nothing to convince me that the times are not 3 Miles.

I plan to write more about the process and my conclusions this coming week. It's what I would call a "teachable moment!"

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.