Article Comment: New Balance Nationals Indoor: NC Highlights
03/16/2014 3:45:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Hey Coach, Nice job with all the coverage of the meet, but don't forget Leesville! 9:19 in the Girls Championship 4x8 to place 11th. Looking forward to seeing what these girls do in outdoor.
Hey Coach,
Nice job with all the coverage of the meet, but don't forget Leesville! 9:19 in the Girls Championship 4x8 to place 11th. Looking forward to seeing what these girls do in outdoor.
03/16/2014 4:08:08 PM
Coach
Trent Friday doing iutt in the 60 Meters and 200 Meters. All the offseason training paying off for him. Go Nole
Trent Friday doing iutt in the 60 Meters and 200 Meters. All the offseason training paying off for him. Go Nole
03/16/2014 4:15:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@LRHSCoachCross Good catch! I'll be back to putting in the updates soon, and that'll be first!
@LRHSCoachCross Good catch! I'll be back to putting in the updates soon, and that'll be first!
03/16/2014 11:10:56 PM
Coach
Congrats to all of the New Balance kids. NC represented WELL from a wide variety of schools.
Congrats to all of the New Balance kids. NC represented WELL from a wide variety of schools.
03/16/2014 11:41:36 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Had a great time in NY watching the kids from NC do there thing Big shot out to my man Friday for following the plan is a time to run slow and a time to run fast.
Had a great time in NY watching the kids from NC do there thing
Big shot out to my man Friday for following the plan is a time to run slow and a time to run fast.
03/17/2014 11:56:23 AM
Coach
WHEEW, I am tired! But it was all worth it to see how well North Carolina respresented themselves in New York this past weekend.
WHEEW, I am tired! But it was all worth it to see how well North Carolina respresented themselves in New York this past weekend.
03/18/2014 12:34:56 PM
User
It's always amazaing to see how when Trent Friday didn't do what others call well he gets a whole page of wondering what is going on with him( is he healthy) at such as his first meet at Bessemer City on March 5th. But when he goes and does well at the New Balance you don't hear anything from the ones who had so much to say about him. I'm just saying it's okay to voice your opinion but as quick as you are to say negiative things about him be just be as quick to say positive things and uplift him. You did your thing Friday and I'm pround of you.
It's always amazaing to see how when Trent Friday didn't do what others call well he gets a whole page of wondering what is going on with him( is he healthy) at such as his first meet at Bessemer City on March 5th. But when he goes and does well at the New Balance you don't hear anything from the ones who had so much to say about him. I'm just saying it's okay to voice your opinion but as quick as you are to say negiative things about him be just be as quick to say positive things and uplift him. You did your thing Friday and I'm pround of you.
03/18/2014 1:15:00 PM
User
@countess I started that thread about the Bessemer City meet. I don't think my comments were negative and I didn't attend them to be so. I know how fast this young man is. I don't think any of the comments were negative. They were just curious of what was going on. People would be curious if Usain Bolt ran a 10.5 based on his 9.58 ability. What he did in New York was expected.
@countess
I started that thread about the Bessemer City meet. I don't think my comments were negative and I didn't attend them to be so. I know how fast this young man is. I don't think any of the comments were negative. They were just curious of what was going on. People would be curious if Usain Bolt ran a 10.5 based on his 9.58 ability. What he did in New York was expected.
03/18/2014 7:21:18 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@countess I agree with Inspector, I don't think there was any negative intent. He was concerned that Trent might be injured. We all want to see him do well, so we can celebrate his successes!
@countess I agree with Inspector, I don't think there was any negative intent. He was concerned that Trent might be injured. We all want to see him do well, so we can celebrate his successes!
03/18/2014 10:53:53 PM
Coach
[quote=countess]It's always amazaing to see how when Trent Friday didn't do what others call well he gets a whole page of wondering what is going on with him( is he healthy) at such as his first meet at Bessemer City on March 5th. But when he goes and does well at the New Balance you don't hear anything from the ones who had so much to say about him. I'm just saying it's okay to voice your opinion but as quick as you are to say negiative things about him be just be as quick to say positive things and uplift him. You did your thing Friday and I'm pround of you.[/quote] @countess I would like to congratulate Mr. Friday on a remarkable indoor season. I would also like to thank him and his coaches/parents and other support staff for making my young thoroughbred's (Joshua Pearson/Daniel Estrada - 10th Graders) that much better this year. He pulled Daniel Estrada through to a personal best of 6.36 in the 55m dash back in December or January at JDL. I believe Mr. Friday went 6.31 in the 55m dash that day. He has also inspired Joshua Pearson to strive for those kinds of performances in the future. Joshua ran against him in the prelims at New Balance. And although, Joshua did not make it beyond the semis. He is now highly motivated to make it into a national finals and win. Finally on behalf of my Canadian stable of Toronto/Montreal sprinters. I would like to thank Mr. Friday for pulling Mr. Andre Ford - Azonwanna through to a second place finish of 6.67 in the Championship 60m dash. Just 3 one hundredths of a second behind Mr. Friday. That stable is coached primarily by two former Olympians/World Champions, Brunny Surrin and Tony Sharp. Personally, they need to change the name of New Balance Nationals to New Balance International. Here is my predictions for what Mr. Friday will do this outdoor season. If he does what I believe he is capable of doing. He will shatter all the sprint records in North Carolina or be very close. Mr. Fridays Predicted 100m - 10.15 - 10.22 J Mee Samuels - 10.08 w+0.7/10.05 w+2.1 His times could fall. Mr. Fridays Predicted 200m - 20.50 - 20.64 J Mee Samuels - 20.32 time could fall. Mr. Fridays Predicted 400m - 45 - 44.5 Whow!!!!!!!!!!!! Note: I am not taking anything away from his predicted 100m or 200m times. However, I believe with his range in the sprints. The 400m is where I see him doing the most incredible things. I may be way off here. As I do not know him and what motivates him the most. It is nothing more than one individuals opinion using mathematical formulas. The beautiful thing about sports is the human element and no amount of formulas can predict Mr. Fridays heart and inner drive to succeed. In the Spirit of Sport Jonathan Sherbourne Platinum Sports Academy
countess wrote:

@countess

I would like to congratulate Mr. Friday on a remarkable indoor season. I would also like to thank him and his coaches/parents and other support staff for making my young thoroughbred's (Joshua Pearson/Daniel Estrada - 10th Graders) that much better this year. He pulled Daniel Estrada through to a personal best of 6.36 in the 55m dash back in December or January at JDL. I believe Mr. Friday went 6.31 in the 55m dash that day.

He has also inspired Joshua Pearson to strive for those kinds of performances in the future. Joshua ran against him in the prelims at New Balance. And although, Joshua did not make it beyond the semis. He is now highly motivated to make it into a national finals and win.

Finally on behalf of my Canadian stable of Toronto/Montreal sprinters. I would like to thank Mr. Friday for pulling Mr. Andre Ford - Azonwanna through to a second place finish of 6.67 in the Championship 60m dash. Just 3 one hundredths of a second behind Mr. Friday. That stable is coached primarily by two former Olympians/World Champions, Brunny Surrin and Tony Sharp. Personally, they need to change the name of New Balance Nationals to New Balance International.

Here is my predictions for what Mr. Friday will do this outdoor season. If he does what I believe he is capable of doing. He will shatter all the sprint records in North Carolina or be very close.

Mr. Fridays Predicted 100m - 10.15 - 10.22
J Mee Samuels - 10.08 w+0.7/10.05 w+2.1 His times could fall.

Mr. Fridays Predicted 200m - 20.50 - 20.64
J Mee Samuels - 20.32 time could fall.

Mr. Fridays Predicted 400m - 45 - 44.5 Whow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: I am not taking anything away from his predicted 100m or 200m times. However, I believe with his range in the sprints. The 400m is where I see him doing the most incredible things. I may be way off here. As I do not know him and what motivates him the most. It is nothing more than one individuals opinion using mathematical formulas. The beautiful thing about sports is the human element and no amount of formulas can predict Mr. Fridays heart and inner drive to succeed.

In the Spirit of Sport
Jonathan Sherbourne
Platinum Sports Academy
03/19/2014 12:32:10 PM
User
@StengthCoach Thanks for your post but I didn't see Daniel at New Balance. And I wish your guys much success.
@StengthCoach Thanks for your post but I didn't see Daniel at New Balance. And I wish your guys much success.
03/19/2014 1:04:11 PM
User
I would like to say thank you to Coach Sykes for all that you have done with Trent you have been an awesome coach and mentor to Trent. So may hat goes off to you and Trent for your victories in New York. You guys make a great team.
I would like to say thank you to Coach Sykes for all that you have done with Trent you have been an awesome coach and mentor to Trent. So may hat goes off to you and Trent for your victories in New York. You guys make a great team.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.