Article Comment: New Balance Local Heroes Contest: Baltimore/DC
06/24/2013 3:23:00 PM
User
Why is it only cross-country runners? Did I miss the significance between a distance runner and a sprinter?
Why is it only cross-country runners? Did I miss the significance between a distance runner and a sprinter?
06/24/2013 3:25:20 PM
User
My student-athlete is a rising sophomore which happens to be a sprinter. She not only made huge inroads for her school team, but also ran at New Balance and has a GPA over 3.5. What makes distance better than sprinters? Just curious?
My student-athlete is a rising sophomore which happens to be a sprinter. She not only made huge inroads for her school team, but also ran at New Balance and has a GPA over 3.5. What makes distance better than sprinters? Just curious?
06/24/2013 6:24:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@nwjagmom Obviously neither one is "better" than the other. However, this is a campaign for cross country season. Companies have different budgets for different times of year and different regions (this campaign also only applies to a select few regions of the country--which doesn't mean they don't care about kids in New York). So this is out of their high school cross country budget, to promote their line sales of distance spikes at local running stores leading into XC season.
@nwjagmom Obviously neither one is "better" than the other. However, this is a campaign for cross country season. Companies have different budgets for different times of year and different regions (this campaign also only applies to a select few regions of the country--which doesn't mean they don't care about kids in New York). So this is out of their high school cross country budget, to promote their line sales of distance spikes at local running stores leading into XC season.
06/25/2013 9:06:03 AM
User
I guess I missed something in the message. Had no idea it was about "fundraising" and being a proponent for raising funds I understand your goal and mission. I just never see much about sprinting and efforts to acknowlege sprinting as they do other aspects of track and field. Carry on, and good luck with your endeavors! Thank you MileSplit Maryland for covering so many events! HAPPY RUNNING!
I guess I missed something in the message. Had no idea it was about "fundraising" and being a proponent for raising funds I understand your goal and mission. I just never see much about sprinting and efforts to acknowlege sprinting as they do other aspects of track and field. Carry on, and good luck with your endeavors! Thank you MileSplit Maryland for covering so many events! HAPPY RUNNING!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.