NCHSAA 2A Mideast Regional 2013
05/05/2013 4:54:41 PM
User
could you post a performance list to show the qualifiers ?
could you post a performance list to show the qualifiers ?
05/05/2013 5:09:55 PM
User
@dman7 The registration cut off was just last night. Give the meet directors a few days to verify the performance data. Getting it before Tuesday morning is WBN.
@dman7 The registration cut off was just last night. Give the meet directors a few days to verify the performance data. Getting it before Tuesday morning is WBN.
05/06/2013 2:03:02 PM
Coach
Okay.....Does WBN mean wednesday before noon?
Okay.....Does WBN mean wednesday before noon?
05/06/2013 2:04:22 PM
Coach
Or does it mean: Would be Nice?
05/06/2013 2:25:19 PM
User
[quote=Navrineru]Or does it mean: Would be Nice?[/quote] @Navrineru To answer your question: A meet director verifying and releasing the regional performance list before Tuesday morning is being exceptional and working overtime. Having it ready and releasing it before Tuesday morning is "WBN" is "would be nice".
Navrineru wrote:

@Navrineru To answer your question: A meet director verifying and releasing the regional performance list before Tuesday morning is being exceptional and working overtime. Having it ready and releasing it before Tuesday morning is "WBN" is "would be nice".
05/06/2013 2:39:15 PM
User
I used to know someone that used WBN to mean "way beyond normal". Funny that when I read the post, I inserted that without even thinking much about it.
I used to know someone that used WBN to mean "way beyond normal". Funny that when I read the post, I inserted that without even thinking much about it.
05/06/2013 9:56:17 PM
Coach
What ever the transaltion for WBN, works for me....Most certainly the work done by the Meet Director is excpetional.....We will see how differently the perfomance list is from the entry list...
What ever the transaltion for WBN, works for me....Most certainly the work done by the Meet Director is excpetional.....We will see how differently the perfomance list is from the entry list...
05/07/2013 3:02:48 PM
Coach
I think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH
I think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH
05/07/2013 3:18:49 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=jmhsjetstrack]I think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH[/quote] @jmhsjetstrack LMAO, I am trying to get use to these non verified results thing here in Carolina.
jmhsjetstrack wrote:

@jmhsjetstrack LMAO, I am trying to get use to these non verified results thing here in Carolina.
05/07/2013 3:57:53 PM
Coach
@tonydawg9 I talked to one of the guys at NCHSAA and they said they are moving towards a verification process because of this happening on a regular. They need to set a minimum mark like at the college meets. If you can't make it past a certain point, you don't get a mark. You just get embarrassed.
@tonydawg9 I talked to one of the guys at NCHSAA and they said they are moving towards a verification process because of this happening on a regular. They need to set a minimum mark like at the college meets. If you can't make it past a certain point, you don't get a mark. You just get embarrassed.
05/07/2013 4:23:37 PM
User
[quote=jmhsjetstrack]I think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH[/quote] @jmhsjetstrack True. If someone's season best is 35', HOW do they get listed as 44' for regionals performance list and it doesn't get flagged???
jmhsjetstrack wrote:

@jmhsjetstrack

True. If someone's season best is 35', HOW do they get listed as 44' for regionals performance list and it doesn't get flagged???
05/07/2013 4:53:20 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Ready2Throw]jmhsjetstrackI think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH @jmhsjetstrack True. If someone's season best is 35', HOW do they get listed as 44' for regionals performance list and it doesn't get flagged???[/quote] @Ready2Throw It does get flagged, just not out in general public. Most coaches who complain about posting results on NC MileSplit are the same coaches who lie on entries. These are the same coaches that never get invited to invitationals and have to sit in the stands at big meets because they are not trusted to do anything correctly. Plus, we call them out consistently.
Ready2Throw wrote:
jmhsjetstrackI think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH

@jmhsjetstrack

True. If someone's season best is 35', HOW do they get listed as 44' for regionals performance list and it doesn't get flagged???

@Ready2Throw It does get flagged, just not out in general public. Most coaches who complain about posting results on NC MileSplit are the same coaches who lie on entries. These are the same coaches that never get invited to invitationals and have to sit in the stands at big meets because they are not trusted to do anything correctly. Plus, we call them out consistently.
05/07/2013 7:01:58 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Ready2Throw Agree with Teasley. Behind the scenes, every unverified mark is flagged for the meet director. it is then up to the director to request verification.
@Ready2Throw Agree with Teasley. Behind the scenes, every unverified mark is flagged for the meet director. it is then up to the director to request verification.
05/08/2013 10:04:12 AM
Coach
I know that its hard to run a meet of this size, but if at all possible, can we get the final entry sheet today? We are coming from almost 3 hours away and we don't want to make travel arrangements for more athletes than we need.
I know that its hard to run a meet of this size, but if at all possible, can we get the final entry sheet today? We are coming from almost 3 hours away and we don't want to make travel arrangements for more athletes than we need.
05/08/2013 11:31:32 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@AtkinsHS They are trying. Late entries are slowing down the process for at least three regions right now, and yours is one of them. They can't make a final list without complete entries.
@AtkinsHS They are trying. Late entries are slowing down the process for at least three regions right now, and yours is one of them. They can't make a final list without complete entries.
05/08/2013 11:51:14 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@AtkinsHS I would take a look at the raw list. Anyone that is ranked higher than sixteen can stay home, unless they are on a relay. Looking at your entries, you have very few borderline entries -- they are either in or they are not. Late entries may bump a couple of your relays close to the border, but your individuals that are in should be okay.
@AtkinsHS I would take a look at the raw list. Anyone that is ranked higher than sixteen can stay home, unless they are on a relay. Looking at your entries, you have very few borderline entries -- they are either in or they are not. Late entries may bump a couple of your relays close to the border, but your individuals that are in should be okay.
05/08/2013 12:25:17 PM
Coach
I thought that the Regional Qualifying marks and times are simialr to college entries. As they are the minuim..So why are Coahces submitting marks and times that are not even close... Also why are late entries being accepted????So much for a dedline...
I thought that the Regional Qualifying marks and times are simialr to college entries. As they are the minuim..So why are Coahces submitting marks and times that are not even close... Also why are late entries being accepted????So much for a dedline...
05/08/2013 1:02:19 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Navrineru There are years when a certain region may only have 7 or 8 actual qualifiers, whereas other events may have 20 or more. In order to fill out the heats in the sprints, and make for a more consistent number of regional qualifiers in all events from year to year, the NCHSAA allows regional directors to accept non-qualifiers when there is space. The limit is 12 on a 6-lane track or 16 on an 8-lane track. The coaches who are entering their non-qualifiers are not making things up. This is an established procedure, and has been in place since I first started coaching in NC 20 years ago, at least. I think the same procedure needs to be used indoors. Late entries are accepted with a penalty (a fee). In this way, qualifying athletes are not penalized when a coach makes a mistake. Why should an athlete be denied the opportunity to compete, when he or she did nothing wrong, simply because an adult was irresponsible? Let's not forget that it's supposed to be all about those kids, not about our convenience.
@Navrineru There are years when a certain region may only have 7 or 8 actual qualifiers, whereas other events may have 20 or more. In order to fill out the heats in the sprints, and make for a more consistent number of regional qualifiers in all events from year to year, the NCHSAA allows regional directors to accept non-qualifiers when there is space. The limit is 12 on a 6-lane track or 16 on an 8-lane track. The coaches who are entering their non-qualifiers are not making things up. This is an established procedure, and has been in place since I first started coaching in NC 20 years ago, at least. I think the same procedure needs to be used indoors.

Late entries are accepted with a penalty (a fee). In this way, qualifying athletes are not penalized when a coach makes a mistake. Why should an athlete be denied the opportunity to compete, when he or she did nothing wrong, simply because an adult was irresponsible? Let's not forget that it's supposed to be all about those kids, not about our convenience.
05/08/2013 2:21:49 PM
Coach
[quote=coach_eazy]Ready2ThrowjmhsjetstrackI think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH @jmhsjetstrack True. If someone's season best is 35', HOW do they get listed as 44' for regionals performance list and it doesn't get flagged??? @Ready2Throw It does get flagged, just not out in general public. Most coaches who complain about posting results on NC MileSplit are the same coaches who lie on entries. These are the same coaches that never get invited to invitationals and have to sit in the stands at big meets because they are not trusted to do anything correctly. Plus, we call them out consistently.[/quote] @coach_eazy On this topic that everyone finding so interesting, I will just have to say that the kid from Bartlett was measured the distance at a meet during the year. Whether it was a mistake by the school running the meet or just a fluke it is recorded and so it was put into the system. In my opinion all of the belly aching that is going on shouldn't even be brought upas for if your kids aren't jumping over 40' in the triple then they shouldn't even be put into the regionals to compete bc they will not place anyways, much less in the state. And yes the kid from Bartlett did get a 35' at conference, but for a kid that did it a couple of times at the beginning of the year and not again until conference not much else can be expected, so the unverified things that are being posted are true and it will show at regionals but in a thing such as triple shouldn't matter bc most kids don't come close to being good enough to place or qualify. In the other events I can see where the problem would arise and keep someone else out better. But also with the topic of everyone asking for the final list of who is qualified for regionals it would be nice to know the list so the ones that are not included can start working on other sports and for the school to know how many kids will be traveling.
coach_eazy wrote:
Ready2ThrowjmhsjetstrackI think WBN (Wayyyyyy Beyond Normal) was used when some of the Coaches entered the times and distances. There's a guy listed as jumping 44 feet in the triple jump and we were at the conference meet and he didn't make it to the pit from the 35 foot board...........AND he took 4 steps off the board. SMH

@jmhsjetstrack

@Ready2Throw It does get flagged, just not out in general public. Most coaches who complain about posting results on NC MileSplit are the same coaches who lie on entries. These are the same coaches that never get invited to invitationals and have to sit in the stands at big meets because they are not trusted to do anything correctly. Plus, we call them out consistently.

@coach_eazy

On this topic that everyone finding so interesting, I will just have to say that the kid from Bartlett was measured the distance at a meet during the year. Whether it was a mistake by the school running the meet or just a fluke it is recorded and so it was put into the system. In my opinion all of the belly aching that is going on shouldn't even be brought upas for if your kids aren't jumping over 40' in the triple then they shouldn't even be put into the regionals to compete bc they will not place anyways, much less in the state. And yes the kid from Bartlett did get a 35' at conference, but for a kid that did it a couple of times at the beginning of the year and not again until conference not much else can be expected, so the unverified things that are being posted are true and it will show at regionals but in a thing such as triple shouldn't matter bc most kids don't come close to being good enough to place or qualify. In the other events I can see where the problem would arise and keep someone else out better.

But also with the topic of everyone asking for the final list of who is qualified for regionals it would be nice to know the list so the ones that are not included can start working on other sports and for the school to know how many kids will be traveling.
05/08/2013 2:40:31 PM
Coach
Thank you for the feedback, Coach. Your reply gives some valuable insight. I can only speculate which region you are referring to...And I totally support the Regional Meet Directors making decisions to fill a field. I did not infer that Coaches are making up times or marks. However on this strain of discussion, there was mention of marks that may not be 100%... However there are marks and/or times could be suspect. With that in mind every athlete has good days, and can perform well above their current performances. ..As long as ALL Coaches believe that we ARE for the Athletes, then I am all for developing future Athletes that will become the automatic regional qualifiers in the future. So let's move on, and post the performance list so athletes can train, and then penalize Coaches beyond the fees, for late or "padded" times and marks...As we all know well, that the same Coaches are routinely late and may have suspect times and marks.... You are doing a Fine job Coach... And we need more Coaches like you in our midst.
Thank you for the feedback, Coach. Your reply gives some valuable insight. I can only speculate which region you are referring to...And I totally support the Regional Meet Directors making decisions to fill a field. I did not infer that Coaches are making up times or marks. However on this strain of discussion, there was mention of marks that may not be 100%... However there are marks and/or times could be suspect. With that in mind every athlete has good days, and can perform well above their current performances.

..As long as ALL Coaches believe that we ARE for the Athletes, then I am all for developing future Athletes that will become the automatic regional qualifiers in the future. So let's move on, and post the performance list so athletes can train, and then penalize Coaches beyond the fees, for late or "padded" times and marks...As we all know well, that the same Coaches are routinely late and may have suspect times and marks.... You are doing a Fine job Coach... And we need more Coaches like you in our midst.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.