Ravenscroft Early Bird Classic 2013
03/17/2013 8:36:18 AM
User
When will the meet results and the meet recap be up?
When will the meet results and the meet recap be up?
03/17/2013 9:22:18 AM
Coach
There were lots of mistakes with the times and results, so meet management and the timing company are going back over them. We've been told they'll get back to us this afternoon.
There were lots of mistakes with the times and results, so meet management and the timing company are going back over them. We've been told they'll get back to us this afternoon.
03/17/2013 9:22:39 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@SgtChavis There were a few timing issues, and the timing company wanted to go back through all the race videos to make sure everything was correct. I expect the results this afternoon sometime, and then the recap will follow as soon as I can get it done. Photos are up, though!
@SgtChavis There were a few timing issues, and the timing company wanted to go back through all the race videos to make sure everything was correct. I expect the results this afternoon sometime, and then the recap will follow as soon as I can get it done. Photos are up, though!
03/17/2013 9:40:51 AM
User
@CoachGeorgeRJR Really grateful to see the photos, but for the pics for this meet, why does each "next" button skip out of the sub-division category and into another event? Can't follow the sequential pictures of an event...
@CoachGeorgeRJR Really grateful to see the photos, but for the pics for this meet, why does each "next" button skip out of the sub-division category and into another event? Can't follow the sequential pictures of an event...
03/17/2013 9:55:23 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Ready2Throw The "Next" button follows the numbering of the photos, which is determined by the photographer during processing. So, if the photos aren't sequential, or if there are overlapping numbers (which is probably the case here), then it skips around.
@Ready2Throw The "Next" button follows the numbering of the photos, which is determined by the photographer during processing. So, if the photos aren't sequential, or if there are overlapping numbers (which is probably the case here), then it skips around.
03/18/2013 1:00:08 PM
User
@CoachGeorgeRJR where are the photos? I saw the ones where you had to subscribe, but are there any others?
@CoachGeorgeRJR where are the photos? I saw the ones where you had to subscribe, but are there any others?
03/18/2013 2:29:54 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@SpEaddy That is the only official photo album. It was taken by a paid, professional photographer, and that is why it is behind subscription. However, I'm a little surprised that nobody else has uploaded any photos from that meet. I am sure there were many parents there snapping.
@SpEaddy That is the only official photo album. It was taken by a paid, professional photographer, and that is why it is behind subscription. However, I'm a little surprised that nobody else has uploaded any photos from that meet. I am sure there were many parents there snapping.
03/19/2013 11:59:17 AM
User
@CoachGeorgeRJR Any update on when they will be done auditing results? Thanks!
@CoachGeorgeRJR Any update on when they will be done auditing results? Thanks!
03/19/2013 12:26:01 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@SgtChavis I have received no word, and neither have the coaches whose teams attended. Unfortunately, sometimes things do go catastrophically wrong, even when we use good technology and have backup systems in place. I once had an entire race of information lost while using electronic timing, and in the same race the backup timer accidentally cleared the watch (this actually happened last year at the freshman/sophomore race). Hopefully, that isn't the case here, and the timer still has video. Also, many timers also have "regular" jobs, and that might explain the unusual delay. I don't know the specifics here, though, only speculating.
@SgtChavis I have received no word, and neither have the coaches whose teams attended. Unfortunately, sometimes things do go catastrophically wrong, even when we use good technology and have backup systems in place. I once had an entire race of information lost while using electronic timing, and in the same race the backup timer accidentally cleared the watch (this actually happened last year at the freshman/sophomore race). Hopefully, that isn't the case here, and the timer still has video.

Also, many timers also have "regular" jobs, and that might explain the unusual delay. I don't know the specifics here, though, only speculating.
03/19/2013 10:18:59 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Is it possible to get the field event results posted as they were not affected by the electronic timing issues? Thank you.
Is it possible to get the field event results posted as they were not affected by the electronic timing issues? Thank you.
03/20/2013 10:12:46 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Results are up on athletic.net . . . not sure if they are correct or not, but they are there.
Results are up on athletic.net . . . not sure if they are correct or not, but they are there.
03/20/2013 11:10:15 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachHovis From what I understand, they are not corrected. Same results that were posted originally on Saturday. I'm going to go through it in the morning and see what I can figure out about it. I am sure there are many events worth posting. Some of the races were timed a little slow, according to consensus of coaches that got their own kids' times, and those will be OK to post. There are still questions about the boys & girls 100 times, the boys 200, and the girls 3000, plus I have been told the boys shot put results may be in error.
@CoachHovis From what I understand, they are not corrected. Same results that were posted originally on Saturday. I'm going to go through it in the morning and see what I can figure out about it. I am sure there are many events worth posting. Some of the races were timed a little slow, according to consensus of coaches that got their own kids' times, and those will be OK to post.

There are still questions about the boys & girls 100 times, the boys 200, and the girls 3000, plus I have been told the boys shot put results may be in error.
03/24/2013 9:44:33 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachGeorgeRJR That's too bad. Can you tell folks who the timing company was since I don't see it listed?
@CoachGeorgeRJR That's too bad. Can you tell folks who the timing company was since I don't see it listed?
03/24/2013 10:56:07 PM
Coach
Mitchell Timing out of Rock Hill SC
Mitchell Timing out of Rock Hill SC
03/25/2013 6:10:53 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@nclion Interesting. I am sure these guys have had plenty of success at meets, but they messed up at the Weddington Invite as well. The girls' 100m finals didn't have the fastest 8, it basically just had 8 that actually had times from the prelims. Other things would have been messed up as well had coaches not been paying attention to the results being posted. Not good for business.
@nclion Interesting. I am sure these guys have had plenty of success at meets, but they messed up at the Weddington Invite as well. The girls' 100m finals didn't have the fastest 8, it basically just had 8 that actually had times from the prelims. Other things would have been messed up as well had coaches not been paying attention to the results being posted. Not good for business.
03/25/2013 7:00:37 PM
Coach
@CoachHovis I'd heard there were issues at the Weddington meet (and others) as well with this company. You hate to drag a guy's company's name through the mud, but it is concerning if there is a history of timing errors at meets. With how much it costs to hire a timing company, a meet director should be expecting a high quality of work.
@CoachHovis I'd heard there were issues at the Weddington meet (and others) as well with this company. You hate to drag a guy's company's name through the mud, but it is concerning if there is a history of timing errors at meets. With how much it costs to hire a timing company, a meet director should be expecting a high quality of work.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.