The South View Track and Field Friends of the Program present the
2019 Tiger Relays
Featuring the Savage 1600 Meters
Saturday, March 2nd, 2019, At Reid Ross Classical School, Fayetteville, NC, Hosted by South View High School
NEW:THE SAVAGE 16! Any male athlete, whose team is not competing and has recorded a 1600 meter of 4:30.24 (FAT or converted) or faster in their high school career will beallowed to enter the meet, individually, FOR FREE!!! Any female athlete, whose team is not competing and has recorded a 1600 meter of 5:30.24 (FAT or converted) or faster can compete, FOR FREE!!! This can only be done with the approval ofyour coach and you must represent your school. If your team is alreadyentered in the meet, then you are already in.If your team is not attending, but you want to roll hard, firstname.lastname@example.org to enter.
Team Entry Fee: $150 for boys and girls or $100 for a single gender team.
A team is five (5) or moreathletes.
- Entries Online: Entries will be done online at NCRunners.com. The entry deadline will be Tuesday, February 26,11:59PM. THERE WILL BE NO RACE-DAY ADDITIONS TO ANY EVENTS.
- Entries openonline January 1, 2019 and close Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at11:59pm.
- You may enter upto three (3) relay squads for each relay.
- Each athlete mayparticipate in a maximum of four events includingrelays.
- Entry times andmarks should be realistic estimations of what the athlete is capable ofon meet day.
- IMPORTANT: The Freshman 1600 and Sophomore 1600 aretwo different events.There is NO ENTRYLIMIT on these events, ONLY.
- Except for theFreshman and Sophomore 1600s, youmay enter only four (4) athletes in individual track and field events.
- IndividualEntry Fee:Individuals may enter the meet at a cost of $25.00. For thatamount they can participate in up to four (4) events.That athlete must represent their school.
- Checks should bemade payable to South View Track and Field.Do not mail.Bring them to the meet with you.
- Coach Autry can be reached at email@example.com or at910.257.7560 (Text only.Do not leavevoicemail).
- This is anentry fee, not a participation fee.Ifyou register and do not show up, your school will be billed.
NEED TO KNOW:
Parking: Spectator parking will be in the back parking lot off Lynn Street, where the Parks and Recreation Fields are. Buses will park in the lots in front of ReidRoss Classical School. South View ROTC will be out to help with parking.
Admission: All spectators will be $3 for adults. Small children five and under are free.
T-Shirts: Invitational t-shirts will be available in a variety ofcolors for $15-$20
Concessions will be available.No food or drink from the outside will beallowed in.
TheFacility: Resurfaced this past Fall!!!Alltrack and jump areas are rubber.Quarterinch pyramid spikes ONLY.
No Preliminaries: All times and marks are finals.
Scoring: The meet will be scored through eight places. Every relay team counts. This means your B and C teams can count. Thisallows your younger athletes to affect the outcome.
Theuniform code may be relaxed at the discretion of the meet director due toweather.A-team relays should matchaccording to the NFHS rules.
Please ask your athletes to clean up your area before you leave.
Results: Will be sent to NCPrepSports.net, NC.MileSplit.com andthe Fayetteville Observer.
Field Event Standards:For field events, there are no finals.All field event participants will be allotted (3) attempts.The first measurable attempt will be recorded.After that, only attempts the standards below will be measured.
- Girls Long Jump - 12-00
- Girls Triple Jump - 23-00
- Girls Shot Put - 22-00
- Girls Discus - 65-00
- Girls High Jump Starts at 4-00
- Girls Pole Vault TBA
- Boys Long Jump - 16-06
- Boys Triple Jump - 34-00
- Boys Shot Put - 32-00
- Boys Discus - 80-00
- Boys High Jump Starts at 5-02
- Boys Pole Vault TBA
The starting height of the High Jump will be 4-00 for girls and 5-02 for boys.
The starting height for pole vault is TBA.
Throwing Implements:We will have a variety of implements to choose from.If you bring your own, they must inspected and approved.
The all thrower relay squads must be comprised of athletes who "threw" in this meet.
ESTIMATED TIME SCHEDULE:
(The order of events is accurate, but we will be on a rolling schedule.):
8:30 AMTrack Open for Warm-Ups
8:45Brief Officials' Meeting
9:30FieldEvents Begin(boys shot and girlsdiscus will be first in the throws; long jump before triple jump)
Trackevents begin on a rolling schedule:
9:454x800 Meter Relay
4x200 Meter Relay
Sophomore 1600 Meters - no limit on entries
Freshman 1600 Meters - no limit on entries
300 Meter Hurdles
"The Savage 16" / Invitational 1600 (Elite sophomores and freshmen mayrun this event.)You do not have to be "elite: torun this.Coaches may enter anyone theywant.The SAVAGE 16 is an invitation designed to give elite runners anopportunity to crank out a fast, early season 1600.But everyone is seeded according to time.
4x100 Meter All-Throwers Relays (Athletes must have thrown that day.)
DistanceMedley Relay (1200 - 400 - 800 - 1600)
Girls800M Sprint Medley Relay (100 - 100 - 200 - 400)
Boys1600M Sprint Medley Relay (200 - 200 - 400 - 800)
- No discussions yet. Be the first!