NCHSAA 1A Midwest Regional 2011
05/16/2011 2:58:22 PM
Coach
1-A Midwest Regional Track and Field hosted by Nicole Jackson .. wonderful host .. Track Meet professional
1-A Midwest Regional Track and Field hosted by Nicole Jackson ..
wonderful host .. Track Meet professional
05/16/2011 3:39:39 PM
User
It was a good meet with some good performances, but man that meet just seemed to drag on very slowly. Meet could have been over long before weather became an issue. Not sure exactly when the 1A meet started, but the 2A meet down the road began field events at 10am and was wrapping up at 2:30. At the 1A meet, weather did not come much into play until 4pm when it had to be delayed with a couple events remaining. Were there timing issues or something or did the meet just start a lot later?
It was a good meet with some good performances, but man that meet just seemed to drag on very slowly. Meet could have been over long before weather became an issue. Not sure exactly when the 1A meet started, but the 2A meet down the road began field events at 10am and was wrapping up at 2:30. At the 1A meet, weather did not come much into play until 4pm when it had to be delayed with a couple events remaining. Were there timing issues or something or did the meet just start a lot later?
05/16/2011 4:53:07 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@RunnerRunner Actually, we were moving right along until we had some glitches in the field events. It seems a few athletes from a particular school were told they did not have to report back to their second event if they were in the pole vault and high jump. That caused the long and triple to be slow, which eventually slowed the start of the finals portion of the meet. It was a misinterpretation of the rule that vault and high jump take precedence. They do; however, athletes are told to go back and forth and will be worked in when they check back into the long and triple.
@RunnerRunner Actually, we were moving right along until we had some glitches in the field events. It seems a few athletes from a particular school were told they did not have to report back to their second event if they were in the pole vault and high jump. That caused the long and triple to be slow, which eventually slowed the start of the finals portion of the meet.

It was a misinterpretation of the rule that vault and high jump take precedence. They do; however, athletes are told to go back and forth and will be worked in when they check back into the long and triple.
05/16/2011 7:36:26 PM
User
@coach_eazy Thanks for the explanation, Coach. I wasn't there during the field events and couldn't understand where the holdups had come. Understood now.
@coach_eazy Thanks for the explanation, Coach. I wasn't there during the field events and couldn't understand where the holdups had come. Understood now.
05/17/2011 9:08:10 AM
Coach
"It was a good meet with some good performances, but man that meet just seemed to drag on very slowly. Meet could have been over long before weather became an issue. Not sure exactly when the 1A meet started, but the 2A meet down the road began field events at 10am and was wrapping up at 2:30. At the 1A meet, weather did not come much into play until 4pm when it had to be delayed with a couple events remaining. Were there timing issues or something or did the meet just start a lot later?" I ran the 2A Meet down the street, and we actually began fields at 9:30, not 10. We did wrap up right around 2:30 though with the running events. Being as though we only have one jump pit, the boys triple jump final was still going on until around 3:00. We did beat the weather though!
"It was a good meet with some good performances, but man that meet just seemed to drag on very slowly. Meet could have been over long before weather became an issue. Not sure exactly when the 1A meet started, but the 2A meet down the road began field events at 10am and was wrapping up at 2:30. At the 1A meet, weather did not come much into play until 4pm when it had to be delayed with a couple events remaining. Were there timing issues or something or did the meet just start a lot later?"

I ran the 2A Meet down the street, and we actually began fields at 9:30, not 10. We did wrap up right around 2:30 though with the running events. Being as though we only have one jump pit, the boys triple jump final was still going on until around 3:00. We did beat the weather though!
05/17/2011 10:43:02 AM
User
@jmdemster Extremely well-run meet at Cuthbertson. I thought the 4x800 started at 9:30 with field starting at 10:00. Guess I missed a little of the competition after all. Either way, great job there Coach.
@jmdemster Extremely well-run meet at Cuthbertson. I thought the 4x800 started at 9:30 with field starting at 10:00. Guess I missed a little of the competition after all. Either way, great job there Coach.
05/17/2011 10:45:46 AM
Coach
Thanks, we certainly appreciate that!
Thanks, we certainly appreciate that!
05/18/2011 5:15:02 PM
User
Meet did seem to last forever. I was there for discus. First year in a regional meet! i had fun. weather was crazy. lots of fun with guys from my school and North Rowan in the gym though!
Meet did seem to last forever. I was there for discus. First year in a regional meet! i had fun. weather was crazy. lots of fun with guys from my school and North Rowan in the gym though!

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.