McAlpine New Course
10/05/2015 12:17:39 PM
User
I'm a runner at a Charleston Southern University in South Carolina, but I grew up running in NC. With all the rain we've gotten, we've had to change our schedule quite a bit in the last few days. This weekend, we'll be running the Royals XC meet at McAlpine. The course map my coach sent me seems pretty different than when I ran this course back in HS (class of 2014). This may have already been a discussion topic, but when/why did these changes happen?
I'm a runner at a Charleston Southern University in South Carolina, but I grew up running in NC. With all the rain we've gotten, we've had to change our schedule quite a bit in the last few days. This weekend, we'll be running the Royals XC meet at McAlpine. The course map my coach sent me seems pretty different than when I ran this course back in HS (class of 2014). This may have already been a discussion topic, but when/why did these changes happen?
10/05/2015 3:34:31 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Go to this thread. McAlpine Course Changed . . . now a 5k (again)
Go to this thread.

McAlpine Course Changed . . . now a 5k (again)
10/05/2015 4:14:21 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@packfn95 The base 5K course at McAlpine hasn't really changed much, though - just a small addition in one place. It's possible that Queens is using what's known as "the Pancake course," which eliminates the (one) hill on the normal course and makes it super-fast.
@packfn95 The base 5K course at McAlpine hasn't really changed much, though - just a small addition in one place. It's possible that Queens is using what's known as "the Pancake course," which eliminates the (one) hill on the normal course and makes it super-fast.
10/05/2015 4:27:14 PM
User
@CoachGeorgeRJR that might be the case. The girls 5K is 2 laps and the guys 8K is 3. The map that's on Queen's website is the one we were given. I can see they cut out the hill, but did they cut off the second "loop" as well? It didn't look like we go to the other side of the pond at all
@CoachGeorgeRJR that might be the case. The girls 5K is 2 laps and the guys 8K is 3. The map that's on Queen's website is the one we were given. I can see they cut out the hill, but did they cut off the second "loop" as well? It didn't look like we go to the other side of the pond at all
10/05/2015 5:22:53 PM
Coach
The colleges do not use the back mile either
The colleges do not use the back mile either

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.