Meet: The Annual Rock Autism Relay Classic will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2023, at Rocky River School in Charlotte, NC. April is Autism Awareness month we are doing our part to help raise awareness, By donating a portion of the proceeds to a local organizations that provide free services for families with children with Autism.
Entry Fee: The entry fee for the Men and Women's Teams will be $150.00 or $80.00 for one team. School checks and cashier's checks/money orders should be made out to Rocky River Track & Field Boosters and may be mailed to Rocky River High School, 10505 Clear Creek Commerce Dr, Charlotte, NC 28227. Please put it to my attention (James Fuller) if you choose to mail it.
Race day payments will be accepted in the form school checks, or cashier's checks/money orders. Please make school or cashier's checks/money orders to Rocky River Track & Field Boosters. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR MAIL-IN OR RACE-DAY PAYMENTS.
Entries: Will be done on nc.milesplit. Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM, Monday night, April 20, 2023. If you have yet to run a meet before the entry deadline, submit your best time, if you ran the event indoors, or a reasonable time based on the athlete's previous experience or ability.
8:00 AM - Track Open
9:00 AM - 9:45 AM warmup
9:30 AM Scratch Meeting- Please make sure to report to the athlete check-in area to make your scratches as soon as you arrive.
9:45 AM - Coaches and Officials Meeting
10:00 AM - Field and Running Events
Medals will be awarded to the winning team members in each event.
Ribbons will be given for the second and third place.
Points scored in each event will be accumulated for the team championship and runner-up trophies.
will be during the women's running events and the 4x100 will be during the men's running events.
(Shot Put, Discus, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault) are for teams of three competitors. The best effort of each athlete will be totaled to form a team score. Schools may enter up to 3 athletes per field event. At most 3 athletes may be entered, but these athletes must compete against teams of 3 from other schools.
1. 3200 M. (4 X 800) Relay
2. Shuttle Hurdle Relay-4 X 110 (100 for women) low hurdles(hurdle height for men & women is 30 inches)--Each team is assigned 2 lanes (1-2, 3-4 or 5-6).1stand 3rd hurdlers run west in lane 1, 3 or 5.2nd and 4th hurdlers run east in lane 2, 4 or 6.A tape line will be placed 3 feet from the end of each hurdlers lane. When the incoming hurdler breaks this line with any part of the body, the outgoing hurdler may start.
3. 400 M. (4 X 100) Relay
4. Distance Medley Relay--(800, 400, 1200, 1600)The first runner runs 2 laps and hands off using a preference exchange.2nd runner = is 1 lap.3rd runner= 3 laps. 4th runner = 4 laps.
5. Sprint Medley Relay--(100, 100, 200, 400)The first three runners are in lanes. The anchor runner may break after taking the hand-off and clearing the zone.
6. Special Olympic 100 meter & 4x100 - These races will be for any coach that wants to see if they still got it.100
7. 800 M. (4 X 200) Relay
8. 1600 M. Team Race-This event is run as a 1600 M. cross-country race. It will start and finish mid-straight-way. Each four-person team totals four times for team time. Places are determined by total time.
9. 1600 M. (4 X 400) Relay