Previously NCISAA 4A
Div. I Specifics
Steve Lykins, North Raleigh Christian Academy, 919-247-8743, email@example.com
Russ Campbell, Cannon School
Dates & Sites
Trials on Friday, May 17, 2019 at Cannon School
Finals on Saturday, May 18, 2019 at Cannon School
Deadline for Participation:
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 by noon.
Changes must be submitted by Thursday, May 16 by noon.
1. The Div. I automatic qualifying standards are updated each year.
2. They are based on the average of the top 12 qualifiers from the current year along with the past 3
years. (Average 4 years to get the standards for the next year.)
NCISAA Division I Qualifying Standards
Friday, May 17th
|2:00 PM||Coaches Meeting|
|3:00 PM||Girls Discus, Long Jump High Jump|
|3:00 PM||Boys Shot Put, Long Jump Pole Vault|
|4:15 PM||Girls 4x800m|
|4:30 PM||Boys 4x800m|
|4:55 PM||Girls 100m Hurdle Prelims|
|5:10 PM||Boys 110m Hurdle Prelims|
|5:25 PM||Girls 100m Dash Prelims|
|5:35 PM||Boys 100m Dash Prelims|
|5:50 PM||Girls 400m Dash Prelims|
|6:05 PM||Boys 400m Dash Prelims|
|6:20 PM||Girls 300m Hurdle Prelims|
|6:35 PM||Boys 300m Hurdle Prelims|
|6:50 PM||Girls 200m Dash Prelims|
|7:00 PM||Boys 200m Dash Prelims|
|7:15 PM||Girls 3200m Finals|
|7:45 PM||Boys 3200m Finals|
Saturday, May 18th
|9:00 AM||Coaches Meeting|
|10:00 AM||Girls: Shot Put, Triple Jump,Pole Vault|
|10:00 AM||Boys: Discus, Triple Jump, High Jump|
|12:00 AM||Girls 100m Hurdle Finals|
|12:10 PM||Boys 100m Hurdle Finals|
|12:20 PM||Girls 100m Dash Finals|
|12:30 PM||Boys 100m Dash Finals|
|12:40 PM||Girls 4x200m Finals|
|12:50 PM||Boys 4x200m Finals|
|1:00 PM||Girls 1600m Finals|
|1:25 PM||Boys 1600m Finals|
|1:45 PM||Girls 4x100m Finals|
|1:55 PM||Boys 4x100m Finals|
|2:05 PM||Girls 400m Finals|
|2:15 PM||Boys 400m Finals|
|2:25 PM||Girls 300m Hurdle Finals|
|2:35 PM||Boys 300m Hurdle Finals|
|2:45 PM||Girls 800m Finals|
|3:00 PM||Boys 800m Finals|
|3:15 PM||Girls 200m Finals|
|3:25 PM||Boys 200m Finals|
|3:45 PM||Girls 4x400m Finals|
|4:00 PM||Boys 4x400m Finals|
Order of Events:
1. Note concerning times of events: In order to minimize conflicts, it is hoped that the field events
can be nearly completed before the running events begin.
2. Athletes entered in two field events taking place simultaneously must be prepared to move back
and forth between events.
3. Warm-ups for field events should be completed by the time the event is scheduled to begin.
Competition must begin at the designated time.
4. Running events should never be started before the designated time.
Note concerning times of events:
In order to minimize conflicts, it is hoped that the field events can be nearly completed before the
running events begin.
Athletes entered in two field events taking place simultaneously must be prepared to move back
and forth between events.
Warm-ups for field events should be completed by the time the event is scheduled to begin.
Competition must begin at the designated time. Running events should never be started before
the designated time.
State Track Records:
Information for the state track records may be found at www.ncpreptrack.com. All questions regarding
this information should be directed to ncpreptrack.
NFHS rules will cover any situations not specifically covered in these regulations, including uniform
Children (under 8) Free
100% of gate receipts, after expenses, are turned in to NCISAA office.
Uniforms will follow the National Federation of State High School Associations guidelines.
Entries, Eligibility and Automatic Qualifiers:
1. To be eligible to compete in the Div. III NCISAA State Championships, each team, team member,
and individual entry must compete in a minimum of 2 meets on 2 separate dates during the
2. To be eligible to compete in the DIv. I and Div. II NCISAA State Championships, each team, team
member, and individual entry must compete in a minimum of 4 meets on 4 separate dates during
the current season.
3. Athletes may compete in no more than four events including relays.
4. Qualifying standards (listed below) must be earned during the current season to be eligible for
state competition with the following exceptions:
5. For field events, 800, 1600 and 3200: if there are fewer than 24 automatic qualifiers, provisional
qualifiers should be accepted to fill out the field to 24. If there are 24 or more entries, provisional
qualifiers should not be accepted. Note: If there are, for example, 23 AQs and the next two
provisionals have the exact same entry time, neither would be accepted and the field would stay
6. For the 100, 200, 400 and hurdles, if there are fewer than 24 automatic qualifiers, provisional
qualifiers should be accepted to fill out the field to 24 (three heats of 8). If there are more than 24
automatic qualifiers, provisional qualifiers should be accepted to fill out the field to 32 (four heats
of 8). Note: if provisional qualifier number 32 and 33 have the exact same time, neither would be
accepted and the field would stay at 31.
7. Any number of athletes who meet the published qualifying standard (in the current season) for a
particular event may be entered in that event. (No longer a limit of 3 entries per team.) Note: a
maximum of three members of any team will be permitted to score (see details in scoring section).
8. A school may enter only one relay team per relay event.
9. No late entries will be accepted after noon on the Tuesday prior to the meet. (Tuesday, May 14,
10. All entries (automatic qualifiers and provisional) must be submitted online using
www.athletic.net. Changes and updates to entries can be made until the entry deadline (Noon on
Thursday, May 16, 2019).
11. To offer an event at the state championship meet, the event must have a minimum of three
Verification of Performances:
1. Coaches must post all regular season (and conference championship) meet results within 10
days of the completion of the meet to www.athletic.net. The rankings provided by athletic.net will
serve as NCISAA rankings and will serve as verification of meet results.
2. Coaches should be aware athletic.net does not distinguish between Div. I, Div. II, and Div. III in the
rankings. Coaches must analyze the rankings list to determine if their athletes qualify for their
3. Coaches are no longer required to bring copies of meet results to the NCISAA track meet as the
results will be available on athletic.net at any time once they are posted.
4. Note: athletic.net converts all hand held results to FAT.
Trials and Advancement:
1. Trials will be held on Friday in boys and girls hurdles, boys and girls 100 meter, and boys and girls
200 and 400 meter races. (3200 relay and 3200 meter finals will also be run on Friday.)
2. Advancement out of trials:
Advancement in laned events is based on place and time. This means (2 heats = top-3
from each heat and then the next 2 fastest times, 3 heats = top 2 from each heat and the
next 2 fastest times, 4-heats = top-1 from each heat and the next 4 fastest times.)
Advancement out of field events will be based on performance. Top 9 will advance to the
1. Boys and girls meets will be scored separately.
2. Points will be awarded as listed in the NFHS rulebook based on the number of teams entered in
3. 8 places will be scored in running and field events.
4. A maximum of three members of any team will be allowed to advance to the finals of the field
events or races under 800 meters.
1. In the event of a false start, the entire field is charged.
2. The next runner committing a false start will be disqualified from that event.
Any appeal needs to be made verbally to the Meet Director within 30 minutes after the completion
of the event.
Meet Director will immediately assemble and present the appeal to the Games Committee, which
will be made up of no less than 5 Head Coaches. Games Committee should be determined and
published prior to the state meet.
Games committee will discuss, seek or ask for rules clarifications, if necessary, and present a
decision to the meet director, who will communicate that decision to the coach who made the
appeal as quickly as possible.
If appeal was granted, meet director will communicate the results of those changes to all head
coaches in person.
Situations that can be appealed will follow Rule 3-5 Section 5 (p. 16) of 2019 NFHS Track and Field and
Cross Country Rule Book.
State Track Records:
Information for the state track records may be found at www.ncpreptrack.com The NCISAA appreciates
the hard work that it took to compile the information. All questions regarding this information should be
directed to ncpreptrack.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!