The J.J. Knox Track & Field Classic will be held at Eastern Alamance High School in Mebane, NC on Saturday, March 30, 2019. There will be no preliminaries in running events the athletes will be seeded with best athletes competing last. Timing will be FAT. The cost is $45 for one full team or $80 for both boys and girls; individuals are $10 each and relay teams are $15 each. Registration is on ncmilesplit and must be completed by 3:00 pm on Thurs., March 28. You can send your payment to: Brad Warren, track coach; Eastern Alamance High School; 4040 Mebane Rogers Rd; Mebane, NC 27302. Make the check payable to Eastern Alamance Track. Maximum 3 entries per individual event, one relay team; maximum 4 events per athlete.
1. When you arrive at the school, you can pull into the school bus parking lot to unload athletes and equipment. After you unload, please park your bus in the grass field across the street. Someone will be there to direct you.
2. We plan to run despite the weather, if possible.
3. If you register to participate and then are unable to do so, please contact Brad Warren at email@example.com ASAP so we can delete your team and seed accordingly. Thank you.
4. If you did not send your entry fee, please bring it with you on Saturday.
5. There will be a concession stand open all day. There will be a hospitality room for coaches.
6. Please arrive on time. The schedule is
9:00 coaches meeting (and scratches) in the press box
10:00 field events (SP, D, LJ, TJ) We will begin with mens and womens long jump (separate runways), womens high jump, mens pole vault, mens shot put and womens discus. Pole vaulters will be weighed.
10:00 running events (women followed by men)
7. Admission for spectators is $5.00.
8. There will be medical personnel at the meet.
9. NFHS rules in effect please make sure your athletes have legal uniforms.
10. We will supply shots and rubber disci. You may use your own metal or wood disci if they are legal.
11. Tents may be set up on the hill or in the visitor stands. Please do not set up tents in the home stands where you will prevent spectators from viewing the meet. Thank you.
12. Eight places will be scored (10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1). Medals will be presented for 1st, 2nd, 3rd , and 4th in all events with trophies presented to the winning and runner-up teams.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Brad Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!