The 3rd Carolinas Kickoff Inv. (renamed from the Metrolina Invitational because we have schools from both Carolinas competing) will be held on Saturday, Aug. 25, at Metrolina Christian, which features a flat and fast, double-loop 5K course and a flat and fast 3K course, and is a great season-opening course for any of your runners (agood many PRs have been set on this course).
Whether they are veterans looking to run a PR in their first race so they can have a nice, mental pick-me-up to start their season, or whether they're someone who is just getting into shape and needs a flat, fast course to ease them into the season, this meet will encourage both types of runners.
--- The high school field will be capped at 20 schools, so it will be a first-come, first-served basis.
--- The middle school field will be unlimited (we had 30 middle school teams and nearly 800 entrants last year from North Carolina and South Carolina).
**If you don't want to travel too far and are looking for a local meet that will provide your kids some fast, season-opening performances, this is the meet.
We are starting early to avoid the heat (the cooler weather will be more conducive to fast performances).
MEET SCHEDULE (we are starting early to avoid the heat, so the cooler weather will be more conducive to fast performances)
***Top 15 boys and top 15 girls in each race will receive a medal.
7:15 a.m., 5K Varsity Boys' Championship (unlimited entries for each team)
7:40 a.m., 5K Varsity Girls' Championship (unlimited entries for each team)
8:15 a.m., Boys' Middle School 3K Championship (top 7 from each team)
8:35 a.m., Girls' Middle School 3K Championship (top 7 from each team)
8:55 a.m., 6th Grade Boys' 3K (those not in the top 7)
9:20 a.m., 6th Grade Girls' 3K(those not in the top 7)
9:45 a.m., 7th Grade Boys' 3K(those not in the top 7)
10:05 a.m., 7th Grade Girls' 3K (those not in the top 7)
10:30 a.m., 8th Grade Boys' and Girls' 3K (those not in the top 7; We will still give medals to the top 15 boys' finishers and top 15 girls' finishers)(Each middle school team can put their top 7 in the Championship, butI'm not going to hold anyone to that. DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR KIDS SINCE IT'S AN EARLY-SEASON MEET. NO PROBLEM AND NO WORRIES).
***This schedule should help spread everyone out in each race so that the races aren't so packed and so that the runners have plenty of room to maneuver early in the race.
1. DEADLINE TO ENTER ROSTERS: Wednesday, Aug. 22, 9:00 p.m. (please enter earlier if possible.
2. TEAM AWARDS:Top two teams in each race will receive plaques.
3. MEDALS:Top 15 individuals in each of the 10 races will receive a medal.
4. MEET ENTRY FEE:(to cover cost of awards and chip timing):
--- $45 for middle school teams (this covers both boys & girls teams)
--- $45for high school teams (this covers both boys & girls teams)
--- **$70 combo high school/middle school (if a school brings both middle school and high school teams)
--- $10 for individuals (for unattached runners or teams with less than 4 runners total)
Metrolina Christian Academy
P.O. Box 1460
Indian Trail, NC 28079
5. COURSE:Flat, fast and through the woods on dirt/grass, which will be an encouragement for a first meet. Any shoe is appropriate (racing flats, spikes, and even trainers for those runners who don't have flats or spikes)
6. WATER:We will have water, but also please bring your own water so that your athletes can have access to fluids in multiple places.
7. VENDORS: Sunset Slush, Papa Murphy's Pizza and Charlotte Running Company will be on site selling goods.
8. CONCESSIONS:We will have Gatorade, water, crackers, granola bars, etc. for a minimal cost ($1 each)
9. T-SHIRTS:We will have meet t-shirts for $10 (new design for 2018!)
10. TRAINERS:We will have a trainer from Novant Healthcare on site. If you have a trainer for your school, please feel free to bring them, as well.
11. TENT SET UP
-- Go to the back of the parking lot, where you can see the start/finish area roped off.
-- You will see picnic shelters and picnic tables outside the fenced-in soccer field.
-- Just beyond that, you will see some shaded grassy areas with plenty of tall trees in the back yard of what looks like a house (it's actually an office).
-- Place your tents in the shaded area.
***This tent set-up area will allow runners easy access to the starting areas without creating to much foot traffic in that area.
-- BUSES:Please park buses in the back gravel lot (just keep going all the way back until you see gravel. It's to the far right of the back parking lot)
-- SPECTATORS:Please begin parking at the back of the school and then let the lot fill up so that it's easier for people to find places as they arrive.
-- Traffic flow should be helped by the fact we have 10 races going off from 7:00 a.m. until nearly 11 a.m.
13. 5K COURSE MAP:
14. 3K COURSE MAP:
15. QUESTIONS:Email email@example.com if you have questions.
Metrolina Christian Head Cross Country Coach
- No discussions yet. Be the first!