It sure would be good to see a performance from Philip Hall, who sat out the winter season with an injury.
Distance relays and girls sprints/hurdles will be in the spotlight at the first big invitational of the outdoor season.
It's important to look good in your uniform, but it's more important to make sure you're following the rules.
The Starmount senior has been one of the state's most consistent performers, with three high jump titles so far.
Respect your rivals, congratulate your opponents, and make sure every competitor has a fair chance to show his or her best.
The top collegiate performances from last weekend by former North Carolina high school athletes.
The Mount Tabor senior has garnered national awards for her running success, and now she can increase national awareness of her condition.
Reneazia Collins and her Monroe teammates were among the athetes that braved cool temperatures to start the spring season.
The class of 2014 is busy signing National Letters of Intent to finalize college choices, and many have sent photos of this exciting ceremony.
Knightdale returns to attempt a fourth straight 4A outdoor title, to go with their 4 straight indoor championships.
Expect to see a lot of very fast relay times from these four teams, which should make the 4A state meet a blast to watch.
Jahmaal Daniel leads a loaded Terry Sanford boys team that got stronger this winter, while the girls' title is totally up for grabs.
Blake Dodge leads a pack of nationally-ranked North Carolinians, and like many of them she still has more to show this spring.
Nick Linder hopes to carry over his success from indoor season, and put it towards a repeat double championship for his school.
Ian Milder has been lighting up the indoor track this year, and could be a fixture in the national rankings through the spring.
Performances by professional, open, and unattached athletes in college or international meets.
The best collegiate performances by former North Carolina high school athletes.
Move up to 2A? No problem for the Monroe girls, who look to continue their winning ways regardless of their classification.
Elizabeth Olesen (Hickory Ridge) leads a trio of North Carolina jumpers that enter the season with national rankings on their resumes.
It's been 5 years since the W-S Prep girls won a team title. They're in the running this spring, but it won't be easy.
Isaiah Moore (Cummings) is one of NC's few nationally-ranked jumpers, but the state is loaded with depth in the field events.
A list of the top 50 indoor track & field boys performances nationally according to results and performances entered in the MileSplit database as of February 25th.
Can a healthy Jordan Brown lead Davidson Day to the title and prevent a potential sweep for Westchester Country Day?
A list of the top 50 indoor track & field girls performances nationally according to results and performances entered in the MileSplit database as of February 25th.
- Southeast Falcons Invitational Relays 2014
- A Penn Relays Poll - Please read about the poll in the 1st reply below - then vote.
- Weddington Track & Field Invitational 2014
- Middle School Track
- Bessemer City Home Meet 2014
- Reverse polar bear meets
- Article Comment: NCHSAA Outdoor Track & Field Rules: Sportsmanship
- Charlotte Latin Home Meet 2014
- Senior Spotlights
- Article Comment: NCHSAA Outdoor Track & Field Rules: Uniforms
- Sarah Bomkamp to Queens University of Charlotte
- Arianna Whiteside to University of North Carolina-Wilmington
- Allie Castro to University of Georgia
- Taylor Moretz to Lees-McRae College
- Mary Grace Doggett to NC State University
- Kylie Spencer to Pfeiffer University
- Ariel Shores to Appalachian State
- Jacklyn Howell to University of Kentucky
- Samantha Welborn to Appalachian State
- Ariah Graham to University of Kentucky