Sometimes consistent improvement doesn't get the headlines, but it DOES lead to future success!
Watch FULL Episode 1 of ON THE RISE: Allie Ostrander! Check Out Trailer for Sneak Peak!
Does North Brunswick have enough firepower back to earn its third team championship in three overall track seasons?
Nevada Mareno helped Leesville Road dominate the 4x800 last winter, and they've gotten better in the intervening year.
Kayla Moore has a tough act to follow this year - her own freshman season! If she improves even a little, then Cummings will be tough, too.
Can Asheville's field event prowess take down the depth and versatility of defending champion Marvin Ridge?
Which jumpers, vaulters, and throwers should you pay close attention to this season? Check inside to find out!
Alexa King leads a distance squad that can rack up points for the defending team champion Mavericks.
Take a look at the state's top-ranked athletes coming into the season, including Cary's Chaniniqu Hackney.
Can Derrick Wheeler help lead North Brunswick back to the top of the podium in 2015?
Can Kayla Moore win 4 events at this year's indoor state meet? The returning rankings say she can, but it's not easy task.
Defending champion Marvin Ridge has Justin Titgen back, and he has the potential to contend in this year's sprint races.
Jayon Woodard ran sub-36 last winter and sub-49 last spring, but can he help bring a team title to Southeast Raleigh?
It doesn't matter if you prefer track or cross country - over the next week, you can get the best of both worlds from NCRunners!
Katlin Sherman's big breakthrough came during the spring, but you can expect her to be a force for Parkland this winter.
Elizabeth Olesen (Hickory Ridge) is the state's top returner in the high jump, with a 4" advantage over everyone else.
Top 500 boys times from the Foot Locker South Region states as of November 20th.
Top 500 girls times from the Foot Locker South Region states as of November 20th.
Top 21 best sophomore boys performers from the month of November in the nation.
Hillside's Marcus Krah leads the classification in three events, making him an early favorite to win the MVP award.
The top 21 sophomore girls XC performers in the nation from the last 4 weeks!
Powered by depth and strength in the field events, Asheville enters the season as the state's top-ranked boys' team.
No big surprise here - Ebony Williams and her Parkland teammates have the best returning team in NC. Where do the rest stack up?
Alycia Springs (Mallard Creek) is the top returning thrower in the state, and one of the best in the nation as well.
- AC Reynolds Polar Bear 2014
- Jewelry rule
- Article Comment: Giant Indoor Season Preview, Part 1: Top Sprinters & Hurdlers
- 4x200 Polar Bear rules
- Chargers Postseason Tune-Up 2014
- East Carolina Track and Field Signs 11 for 2015-16 School Year
- Article Comment: 1A/2A Girls Returning Team Power Ratings
- Article Comment: 4A Girls Returning Team Power Ratings
- National Throws Conference - Dublin, Ohio: Dec 27-29 (For Coaches, Athletes, Officials, and Fans)
- Polar Bear Kick Off Invitational @ Olympic 2014
- Foot Locker South Regional
- Nike Cross Nationals Southeast Regional
- UNCG 6-Way
- Eastern Alamance Polar Bear
- East Rowan Polar Bear #1
- Greater Neuse River Conference Polar Bear
- Guilford County Schools Polar Bear #1
- Midway High School Polar Bear
- Polk County Polar Bear
- Southwest Edgecombe Polar Bear EPC #1
- Ashley Parker to Western Carolina
- Arden Vessie to East Carolina University
- Cayla Rodney to East Carolina University
- Julia Brown to East Carolina University
- Ryan Davis to East Carolina University
- Corbin Boyles to East Carolina University
- Gabriele Cunningham to NC State University
- Kacia Vines to Virginia Tech
- Maddie McHugh to University of Mississippi
- Sydney Blue to University of North Carolina-Wilmington