Alexa King leads a distance squad that can rack up points for the defending team champion Mavericks.
Take a look at the state's top-ranked athletes coming into the season, including Cary's Chaniniqu Hackney.
Can Derrick Wheeler help lead North Brunswick back to the top of the podium in 2015?
Can Kayla Moore win 4 events at this year's indoor state meet? The returning rankings say she can, but it's not easy task.
Defending champion Marvin Ridge has Justin Titgen back, and he has the potential to contend in this year's sprint races.
Jayon Woodard ran sub-36 last winter and sub-49 last spring, but can he help bring a team title to Southeast Raleigh?
It doesn't matter if you prefer track or cross country - over the next week, you can get the best of both worlds from NCRunners!
Katlin Sherman's big breakthrough came during the spring, but you can expect her to be a force for Parkland this winter.
Elizabeth Olesen (Hickory Ridge) is the state's top returner in the high jump, with a 4" advantage over everyone else.
Top 500 boys times from the Foot Locker South Region states as of November 20th.
Top 500 girls times from the Foot Locker South Region states as of November 20th.
Top 21 best sophomore boys performers from the month of November in the nation.
Hillside's Marcus Krah leads the classification in three events, making him an early favorite to win the MVP award.
The top 21 sophomore girls XC performers in the nation from the last 4 weeks!
Powered by depth and strength in the field events, Asheville enters the season as the state's top-ranked boys' team.
No big surprise here - Ebony Williams and her Parkland teammates have the best returning team in NC. Where do the rest stack up?
Alycia Springs (Mallard Creek) is the top returning thrower in the state, and one of the best in the nation as well.
Some top runners from the class of 2015 will sign letters of intent this week, making their college choices official!
Vincent Crisp's performances went through the roof during outdoor track; will that carry over to this indoor season?
Watch the trailer of On The Rise: Allie Ostrander, part of a new MileSplit original video series.
Cross country season ended Saturday for most collegiate runners, but not for the Elon senior, NC State's women, and both Tar Heel squads. (All photos by Tim Hagen)
A list of the top 100 national returnees for the 2014-2015 indoor season in the field events.
Malia Ellington has rare range, excelling from 1000 to 3200, and seems to have some of her greatest success indoors.
Ian West (Fike) finally broke the 16 foot barrier over the summer, and now he has his sights set on the indoor record books.
- JDL ALL COMERS RESULTS
- JDL November All-Comers Meet 2014
- Kayla Montgomery's ESPN story "Catching Kayla"
- 4x200 Polar Bear rules
- Headband Sweatbands
- Article Comment: All-Classes Returning Indoor Track Rankings: Boys Distance
- Winter season lists
- Article Comment: Vargas Takes SE Regional Win as UNC Advances Both Teams: Alumni Report 11/15
- Polar Bear Kick Off Invitational @ Olympic 2014
- Kacia Vines to Virginia Tech
- Maddie McHugh to University of Mississippi
- Sydney Blue to University of North Carolina-Wilmington
- Josh Broadway to University of North Carolina-Wilmington
- Helen Griffith to North Carolina A&T University
- Grace Sullivan to East Carolina University
- Malia Ellington to Harvard University
- Ariel Davis to DePaul University
- Dylan Andrade to University of North Carolina-Wilmington
- Tanis Baldwin to NC State University