The 17th Annual Jungle Run
Presented by South View High School & Big Kahuna Timing
South View High School, 4184 Elk Road
Hope Mills, NC 28348, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, September 2, 2017
Welcome to South View High School. We hope you enjoy the Jungle Run. We feel the night-time experience is truly unique. The meet keeps growing and growing and we are very excited about this. Please read through this information to ensure that everything runs smoothly for your team. Below you will find relevant information that should help your Run through the Jungle a more enjoyable experience.
Date: Saturday, September 2, 2017
Location: South View High School, Hope Mills, NC
Times: 4:00-6:30pm Check-in - after that, teams that arrive late can pick up their packets at the t-shirt tent.
6:15pm Developmental Men's Race (For remaining athletes; no limit on entries.)
6:55pm Developmental Women's Race (For remaining athletes; no limit on entries.)
7:40pm Invitational Men's Race (For smaller schools and B-Teams; limit is 10 runners.)
8:15pm Invitational Women's Race (For smaller schools and B-Teams; limit is 10 runners.)
9:00pm Championship Men's Race (limit is 10 runners)
9:40pm Championship Women's Race (limit is 10 runners)
10:15pm Awards Ceremony in Football Stadium
Parking: All vehicles will enter in front of the school on Elk Road. Buses will be directed to the lot between the middle and high schools. All other parking is in the lots close to the football and baseball stadium. Spectator parking is $5.00 per carload. Coaches, please ask you parents to be cooperative.
Check-In: Pick up your bib numbers and meet program at the south end of the football stadium under the goal posts. THEN YOU WILL PICK UP YOUR MATCHING COMPUTER TAGS FROM THE BIG KAHUNA TENT NEAR THE FINISH LINE. There is a number for every runner you have entered. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY ADDITIONS.
• If your team has not paid, please do not ask to pay later. If your team does not have its money, you may not race.
• If you need more pins for bib numbers, please come back to check-in.
• IF ATHLETES DO NOT FINISH A RACE, IT IS THE COACH'S RESPONSIBILITY TO COLLECT THEIR TAG OR HAVE THE ATHLETE COME OVER TO HAVE US CUT THEIR TAG OFF. IF TAGS ARE NOT TURNED IN, YOU WILL BE CHARGED.
Bibs and Shoe Tags:
• ATHLETES MUST WEAR NUMBER BIBS AND SHOE TAG!!!
• Athletes need to put 2 pins in the top of their numbers on the FRONT of their uniforms.
• Make sure the tag is secure. Athletes do not always tie them in very well.
• If an athlete loses their shoe tag while racing, the "clip crew" taking the shoe tag off will pull off the perforated bib tag at the bottom of their bib number. THE ATHLETE NEEDS TO INFORM THEIR COACH IMMEDIATELY THAT THEY LOST THEIR TAG SO THE COACH CAN MAKE SURE THEY ARE INCLUDED IN THE RESULTS.
Tents: Tents may be placed along the hill in the front of the football stadium or in the areas beside the football
bleachers. YOU MAY NOT PUT UP TENTS INSIDE THE FENCE AROUND THE TRACK.
Declaring You do not have to tell us which athletes are running which race. Just line time up and turn them loose.
Your Top 10: Every team is assigned a starting box. If there are open boxes, we will move you down.
Course: The course is 5,000 meters on the athletic fields of the South View Athletic Complex. The course is open
for warm-ups until 6:00pm. Please see map included in this information.
Off Limits: The practice fields are open for warm-ups and stretching. No one before, during or after the race will be
allowed on the inside of the track fence unless they are a race official, an athlete finishing a race or a
Shoes: Spikes are allowed. Mostly grass and dirt. Runners will cross asphalt a couple of times.
Uniforms: In the Championship and Invitational Races each team's uniform should match. If there is a problem, see Coach Autry. In the Developmental Race, uniforms must be school-issued, but do not have to match perfectly.
Spectators: Are invited to roam anywhere and everywhere on the course except on the varsity football field or the home, track straightaway. BUT BE ALERT AND WATCH OUT FOR THE "GATOR" AND RUNNERS!!!
Concessions: Will be available at the Safari Station at the front of the football stadium.
Bathrooms: Available at the Jungle Hut concession stand at the back of the football stadium and at the Safari Station.
T-Shirts: Available at the front of the stadium for $15. First Come. First Serve! THE LAST THREE YEARS THEY
SOLD OUT IN 90 MINUTES.
Awards: Awards will be presented in football stadium following the Women's Championship Race. There will be
medals for the top 20 individuals in the Championship and Invitational Races and the Top 10 in the Developmental Race. There will be trophies for the Top 3 teams in each race.
Clean-Up: Please clean up your team's area when we are done.
• No grills may be brought in or used. This is a Cumberland County Schools' Policy.
• With the exception of service dogs, no dogs allowed. Again, this a CCS rule.
Starting Boxes (I know every team is not in every race. We will slide down and fill in gaps accordingly.):
1. Ashley High School
3. Cape Fear
4. Cape Fear Academy
6. Cary Academy
7. Cary Christian School
8. Cedar Ridge
9. Chapel Hill
10. Cleveland High School
12. Coastal Christian HS
13. Concord First Assembly Academy
14. Corinth Holders
15. Durham School of the Arts
16. East Wake
17. Fayetteville Academy
18. Fayetteville Christian School
19. Franklin Academy
21. Granville Central
22. Gray's Creek
23. Harnett Central
24. Henderson Collegiate
26. Hobbton High School
28. Jack Britt
32. Metrolina Christian Academy
33. New Hanover
34. North Brunswick
36. Pine Forest
37. R.J. Reynolds
38. Research Triangle
40. Smith, E.E.
42. South Brunswick
43. South Central
44. South View
45. Southeastern Homeschool
46. St. John Paul II Catholic School
47. St. Thomas More Academy
49. Terry Sanford
51. Union Pines
52. West Johnston
53. West Rowan
54. Western Harnett
55. White Oak
- No discussions yet. Be the first!