This is a great time of year for track fans, because we get the best of both worlds: while spring track meets begin next week, we still have New Balance Indoor Nationals ahead of us. That means we can simultaneously follow the brightest stars of the state and the young, up-and-coming kids just getting started, with both national and grass-roots competition available for us to observe. As indoor season winds down, NCRunners will preview NBIN and the MileSplit Network will provide the great coverage you've come to expect. At the same time, NCRunners will be on-site for many of the early invitationals during the month of March, helping to bring you the results and also capture some of the images of the young track season.
Ongoing Indoor Season Coverage
The indoor track postseason is just getting started, and some of the best performances are yet to come.
- Meet Coverage: Brooks PR Invitational, New Balance Indoor Nationals
- Rankings: returning athletes for 2014 Indoor, plus grade-by-grade rankings from this past season
Follow @NCRunners on Twitter for meet updates and article announcements!
Outdoor Season Coverage Begins
Spring practices began last Wednesday, and the first meets are only a little over a week away (they can begin on Wednesday, 2/27). The invitational season will kick off on Friday, March 1st, with a pair of meets that evening to get us off to a great start (if the weather allows it). In the meantime, there are some things we can do to prepare metally for the season, just as the athletes prepare physically. Check out the upcoming features over the next two weeks on NCRunners:
- This week: information for meet directors, coaches, athletes and parents to help everyone meet their requirements and get the most out of MileSplit.
- Also this week: NCRunners announces expanded coverage for the spring season, including new opportunities for volunteers to contribute
- Next week: statistical previews of the spring season in all classifications, public and private