T.C. Roberson HS is proud to host one of WNC's premier meets since 2004. For the past decade, this meet was called the Jus' Running Relays. Norm Blair and his contributions set this meet to a high standard in WNC, but as the we turn the page, we will continue the tradition as the FCA Relays.Thank you to Danny Wilkins and Fellowship of Christian Athletes for being our sponsor for this meet and there continued support of student-athletes in WNC.
- The 14th edition of the FCA Relays is set forFriday, March 16th, 2018in Asheville, NC.
- Each school participating should send in entries by 5:00pm on Thursday, March 15th.
- In our meet, the field events are "team relays". Each field event will have 3 entries and the best individual marks will be added together for a team mark. If you do not have three athletes in a field event, you may still enter a team in the event.
- ALL ATHLETES AND COACHES REPORT TO SOUTH END OF FIELD AT 3:30.At that time, Danny Wilkins, Greater Asheville Representative of FCA and former Head Football Coach of Asheville HS, will give words of encouragement and testimony before the meet begins. We will stop all meet activities so all athletes and coaches can be present. It will be a great time to pause with everyone before theciaos of track meets occur.
- We will have a Coaches Meeting in the Press boxLobby immediately following guest speaker.
- Field events start promptly at 4:00. Each teammusthave 3 individuals to compete in a field event. The best mark of each teammate will be added together to get their team mark.We will be running an open pit in the long and triple jumps and the shot and discus. Athletes sign up at their event and will have until the pits close to complete their 3 attempts.Pits will close at 5:30.There will beno more horizontal jumps or throws after the beginning of the track events.Vertical Jumps will be the only field eventscontinuingonce running events begin.
- Event Winners receive a FCA Relay Champion Shirt
3:30- Athletes and Coaches Report to Field for Guest Speaker
High Jump (girls first)
Pole Vault (Combined)
We will be running an open pit in the long and triple jumps and the shot and discus.
Athletes sign up at their event and will have until the pits close to complete their 3 attempts.
Pits will close at 5:30.There will beno more horizontal jumps or throws after that time.
High jump and pole vault are the only field events may still continue after the beginning of running events.
3:40- Coaches Meeting
4:15- Team Mile
Shuttle Hurdle Relay (4 X 110/100m hurdles)
3200m Relay (4x800)
1600 Meter Medley Relay (200, 200, 400, 800)
400 m Relay (4x100)
Phat Boy Relay (4x100)
Distance Medley Relay (1200, 400, 800, 1600)
Sprint Medley Relay (100, 100, 200, 400)
1600 Meter Relay (4x400)
If you have any questions, please contact me viaemail email@example.com
- No discussions yet. Be the first!