Combine the best elements from last year's two NC postseason meets into one huge celebration of track & field? CHECK.
NCRunners, the North Carolina Track and Cross Country Coaches Association, and Bishop McGuinness High School are proud to announce the details for the Champions Tune-Up. The meet combines elements from the NCTCCCA Meet of Champions, held for the first time last year, and the NCRunners Elite Tune-Up, which has a brief but bright history at Bishop McGuinness. The goal of this combined meet is to bring together the best athletes in North Carolina and its neighboring states, especially those who compete in different classifications, and create the most competitive events possible. Planning to compete at Nationals, and looking for a way to sharpen up? Want one more shot at that school record or PR? Just want to end your season with something special? You can find all of that in this meet! Registration will begin in May, and NCRunners will start recruiting elite athletes next week. Check out some of the details below.
When: Saturday, June 1, starting at 3 PM.
Where: Bishop McGuinness High School, Kernersville
Who: Any high-school-aged athlete can participate in this meet.
- As this meet comes after the state championship, all athletes will be considered unattached, and cannot wear school uniforms.
- There will be no "All-Star" relays; all relay team members must attend the same school.
- The 5000m run is an open event, and athletes older than high school can participate.
- $10 per individual (covers up to 4 events)
- $25 per relay team
- Entries can be made by coaches or by parents, depending on an athlete's particular situation.
- Co-Director Robert Youtz (Bishop McGuinness): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Director DePaul Mittman (NCTCCCA): email@example.com
- Timer: Rodney King (North Stokes, NCTCCCA): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Games Committee Coordinator Ed Teasley (Southeast Guilford, NCTCCCA): email@example.com
- Athlete Recruiter Jeff George (NCRunners): firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative Event Schedule (all running events are timed finals):
NOTE: the order of events may be adjusted due to the volume of entries. A detailed time schedule will be released the week of the meet.
|Time||Running Events||Field Events|
Long Jump (B & G)
Discus (G then B)
Shot Put (B then G)
Pole Vault (G)
High Jump (B)
Triple Jump (B & G)
Pole Vault (B)
High Jump (G)
Sprint Medley Relay
Distance Medley Relay