Thankyou Mr. Craig Longhurst
01/29/2012 10:05:46 AM
Coach
Hey Craig, It was a pleasure participating in your meet this weekend. On behalf of Platinum Sports Academy and all within my club that participated unattached: (Ariel Davis, Phillip Bryant, Brianna Tyler). We and their parents thank you for such opportunities. You and your facility are a class act and we will continue to participate in each and every meet we can at your facility. Allowing unattached athletes of high school age, that are not affiliated with their individual schools is a visionary move on your part. I cannot speak for all kids, only the kids I train. These kids and their parents all understood that their times would not be officially recognized by the state high school association for state qualifying purposes. They did not give a damn about that. They simply wanted to run against high school competition. They could not careless about making states. They just love to train and love to compete. Once again Mr. Longhurst, thank you for your facility and vision. In the Spirit of Sport Platinum Sports Academy Jonathan Sherbourne P.S. We will see you again in a few weeks.
Hey Craig,

It was a pleasure participating in your meet this weekend. On behalf of Platinum Sports Academy and all within my club that participated unattached: (Ariel Davis, Phillip Bryant, Brianna Tyler). We and their parents thank you for such opportunities. You and your facility are a class act and we will continue to participate in each and every meet we can at your facility. Allowing unattached athletes of high school age, that are not affiliated with their individual schools is a visionary move on your part.

I cannot speak for all kids, only the kids I train. These kids and their parents all understood that their times would not be officially recognized by the state high school association for state qualifying purposes. They did not give a damn about that. They simply wanted to run against high school competition. They could not careless about making states. They just love to train and love to compete. Once again Mr. Longhurst, thank you for your facility and vision.

In the Spirit of Sport
Platinum Sports Academy

Jonathan Sherbourne

P.S. We will see you again in a few weeks.
01/29/2012 10:31:56 AM
Coach
@StengthCoach I second that and all of the North Carolina track and field community should be thanking you as well. Oustandingly ran meet and facility.
@StengthCoach I second that and all of the North Carolina track and field community should be thanking you as well. Oustandingly ran meet and facility.
01/29/2012 12:24:22 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Please let me add my accolades to the evergrowing list of coaches, athletes, parents, and administrators who wish to say thank you to the visionary small group of people who saw a need and filled a need for the youth of our State. I spent Friday and Saturday at the meet with a small number of athletes from my school. The meet was all I had hoped it would be and more. The facility is first rate. The cost was reasonable. The available space for teams and spectators was ample. The infield was clear of non-participating people who can get in the way. The meet was run timely, and the results were posted for all to see. Both the owner and overseer were available, and they wanted feedback for improvements. This is the first time in many years that I feel that an individual has stepped up to the plate and put it on the line for the betterment of his city and state. I hope that I speak for many of the coaches of track and field when I say well done. Thank you, J Alan Peoples PCHS-head coach Teacher-retired LTC USA-retired Mayor: Tryon, NC
Please let me add my accolades to the evergrowing list of coaches, athletes, parents, and administrators who wish to say thank you to the visionary small group of people who saw a need and filled a need for the youth of our State. I spent Friday and Saturday at the meet with a small number of athletes from my school. The meet was all I had hoped it would be and more.

The facility is first rate. The cost was reasonable. The available space for teams and spectators was ample. The infield was clear of non-participating people who can get in the way. The meet was run timely, and the results were posted for all to see. Both the owner and overseer were available, and they wanted feedback for improvements.

This is the first time in many years that I feel that an individual has stepped up to the plate and put it on the line for the betterment of his city and state. I hope that I speak for many of the coaches of track and field when I say well done.
Thank you,
J Alan Peoples
PCHS-head coach
Teacher-retired
LTC USA-retired
Mayor: Tryon, NC
01/29/2012 6:57:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thank you for all of your hard work to provide such an outstanding facility for Indoor Track in North Carolina. Indoor Track in North Carolina has thrived, in spite of the lack of such a facility, and I look forward to the sport taking even greater strides in the future now that we have this facility. Kudos for your wise choice of my good friend and "track brother" DePaul Mittman and his loyal family and staff to provide management for the inaugural meet. Without getting into naming names, the quality of the meet officials, USATF, National Federation Certified, and experienced coaches, along with the announcer, and timers was impressive. I look forward to participating in many future meets at the JDL Fast Track Facility.
Thank you for all of your hard work to provide such an outstanding facility for Indoor Track in North Carolina. Indoor Track in North Carolina has thrived, in spite of the lack of such a facility, and I look forward to the sport taking even greater strides in the future now that we have this facility. Kudos for your wise choice of my good friend and "track brother" DePaul Mittman and his loyal family and staff to provide management for the inaugural meet. Without getting into naming names, the quality of the meet officials, USATF, National Federation Certified, and experienced coaches, along with the announcer, and timers was impressive. I look forward to participating in many future meets at the JDL Fast Track Facility.
01/29/2012 9:49:17 PM
Coach
Will add to the thank yous. I drove a small part of my full team down from the mountains (3 hours) so they could experience an indoor facility. I am beyond glad that I did so. Each of my runners loved the weekend and turned in some great times. On top of the track being top notch, being able to sit and watch the meet was a great experience. My runners kept asking if this was what Chapel Hill would be like. I thought it was better. The spectator area was simply great. I look forward to making it an annual tradition to make the trip down. Thank you to everyone who helped on a great meet.
Will add to the thank yous. I drove a small part of my full team down from the mountains (3 hours) so they could experience an indoor facility. I am beyond glad that I did so. Each of my runners loved the weekend and turned in some great times. On top of the track being top notch, being able to sit and watch the meet was a great experience. My runners kept asking if this was what Chapel Hill would be like. I thought it was better. The spectator area was simply great. I look forward to making it an annual tradition to make the trip down. Thank you to everyone who helped on a great meet.
01/30/2012 9:19:37 PM
Power User
@StengthCoach It will be interesting to see who gives a &^%* about running HS indoor track when "your" athletes want to talk to college coaches about being on their team. Please keep up the posts as you are still cracking me up. Oh by the way what is a Stength Coach anyway? In your words, Let The Bombs Rain Down!.......BOOM
@StengthCoach
It will be interesting to see who gives a &^%* about running HS indoor track when "your" athletes want to talk to college coaches about being on their team. Please keep up the posts as you are still cracking me up. Oh by the way what is a Stength Coach anyway? In your words, Let The Bombs Rain Down!.......BOOM
01/31/2012 9:47:31 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=runnercoach64]@StengthCoach It will be interesting to see who gives a &^%* about running HS indoor track when "your" athletes want to talk to college coaches about being on their team. Please keep up the posts as you are still cracking me up. Oh by the way what is a Stength Coach anyway? In your words, Let The Bombs Rain Down!.......BOOM[/quote] @runnercoach64 Foul! Regardless of how you feel about Mr. Sherhouse (sp), your comments are not appropriate on this thread. I know you were responding to the second half of his post; however, the spirit of the thread is towards Mr. Longhurst. Keep it civil.
runnercoach64 wrote:
@StengthCoach
It will be interesting to see who gives a &^%* about running HS indoor track when "your" athletes want to talk to college coaches about being on their team. Please keep up the posts as you are still cracking me up. Oh by the way what is a Stength Coach anyway? In your words, Let The Bombs Rain Down!.......BOOM

@runnercoach64 Foul! Regardless of how you feel about Mr. Sherhouse (sp), your comments are not appropriate on this thread. I know you were responding to the second half of his post; however, the spirit of the thread is towards Mr. Longhurst. Keep it civil.
01/31/2012 11:32:28 AM
User
Mr. Longhurst- JDL Fasttrack is a superb facility and the meet adminsitration was first rate. The spectator experience is 1000 times better than it will be at Eddie Smith at States. The only thing missing from a perfect experience is spectator height and distance boards for the long jump, high jump and pole vault. The viewing was great I just never could tell where the competitions stood. But the overall experience was great and I look forward to coming to many meets there in the future even after my daughter has stopped running competitively. @runnercoach64 I can understand your vested interest in atheletes competing for their school as an asst coach at Northwest Guilford. But I would think you would be greatful to Strengthcoach as I know he played a sigificant role in training a 4A state champion 800M runner for you as my daughter trained constantly in andn out of season for almost 2 years at Platinum Sports with him. Surely you have to acknowledge the benefit of the strength and endurance training he received in a small group environment if not you are in denial. In my opinion as a huge supportor of high school sports there is a happy medium strength train and get additional speed and endurance training with someone that can give individual attention to the athlete and run for the high school team if you enjoy being on a team. I can attest to the fact that the training received with Strengthcoach was far superior to any I have seen in the high school environment principally due to the large number of track team members and the wide range of abilities. The High School coaches can not concentrate on developing individual athletes and Strengthcoach can train small groups effectively.
Mr. Longhurst- JDL Fasttrack is a superb facility and the meet adminsitration was first rate. The spectator experience is 1000 times better than it will be at Eddie Smith at States. The only thing missing from a perfect experience is spectator height and distance boards for the long jump, high jump and pole vault. The viewing was great I just never could tell where the competitions stood. But the overall experience was great and I look forward to coming to many meets there in the future even after my daughter has stopped running competitively.

@runnercoach64 I can understand your vested interest in atheletes competing for their school as an asst coach at Northwest Guilford. But I would think you would be greatful to Strengthcoach as I know he played a sigificant role in training a 4A state champion 800M runner for you as my daughter trained constantly in andn out of season for almost 2 years at Platinum Sports with him. Surely you have to acknowledge the benefit of the strength and endurance training he received in a small group environment if not you are in denial. In my opinion as a huge supportor of high school sports there is a happy medium strength train and get additional speed and endurance training with someone that can give individual attention to the athlete and run for the high school team if you enjoy being on a team. I can attest to the fact that the training received with Strengthcoach was far superior to any I have seen in the high school environment principally due to the large number of track team members and the wide range of abilities. The High School coaches can not concentrate on developing individual athletes and Strengthcoach can train small groups effectively.
01/31/2012 12:26:33 PM
Coach
@jrayfield Mr. Rayfield, I thank you for your support over the years and look forward to seeing Madison go on to pursuing bigger and better things at the collegiate level. I enjoyed working with Madison and she will always be welcome at Platinum. Carl Walton will also be taking the next step in the not too distant future. He and his family have been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Anna Smith has decided to run for West Point and will be going there this summer. Shout out to Perry and Miles Cabean and their family, the future looks bright. Best of luck to the Elwood brothers (John & Mike) and Devon Fousts family. Good luck to Elizabeth Ambler and Sydney White. I could go on and on. The point is these are extraordinary kids, who have extraordinary parents. Who will all go on to be productive citizens within this society. Who will all go on to contribute in a positive manner within this society. That is why I formed this club in the first place. I have been blessed to be a part of these kids lives. They have taught me more than I have taught them. God bless and keep on running!! In the Spirit of Sport Jonathan Sherbourne Platinum Sports Academy
@jrayfield

Mr. Rayfield, I thank you for your support over the years and look forward to seeing Madison go on to pursuing bigger and better things at the collegiate level. I enjoyed working with Madison and she will always be welcome at Platinum. Carl Walton will also be taking the next step in the not too distant future. He and his family have been nothing but a pleasure to work with. Anna Smith has decided to run for West Point and will be going there this summer. Shout out to Perry and Miles Cabean and their family, the future looks bright. Best of luck to the Elwood brothers (John & Mike) and Devon Fousts family. Good luck to Elizabeth Ambler and Sydney White. I could go on and on.

The point is these are extraordinary kids, who have extraordinary parents. Who will all go on to be productive citizens within this society. Who will all go on to contribute in a positive manner within this society. That is why I formed this club in the first place. I have been blessed to be a part of these kids lives. They have taught me more than I have taught them. God bless and keep on running!!

In the Spirit of Sport
Jonathan Sherbourne

Platinum Sports Academy
01/31/2012 1:50:46 PM
User
@jrayfield I have to concur with jrayfield. Coach Sherbourne has been instrumental in the success of my kids. In addition to the superior training they get at their high school, what coach Sherbourne has taught us has made both of my kids stronger and faster. This is by no means a disrespect to our high school coach who is, in my opinion, the best middle/long distance coach in the tri-state area. If we can work on the kid's weaknesses without interfering with their normal training then it is a win win for all of us. I am disappointed in some of the animosity that I am reading here. Our sport is not about that. Let's get back to building instead of tearing down. We have a lot of work to do in order to support Mr. Longhurst and his vision. We are just starting.
@jrayfield
I have to concur with jrayfield. Coach Sherbourne has been instrumental in the success of my kids. In addition to the superior training they get at their high school, what coach Sherbourne has taught us has made both of my kids stronger and faster. This is by no means a disrespect to our high school coach who is, in my opinion, the best middle/long distance coach in the tri-state area. If we can work on the kid's weaknesses without interfering with their normal training then it is a win win for all of us. I am disappointed in some of the animosity that I am reading here. Our sport is not about that. Let's get back to building instead of tearing down. We have a lot of work to do in order to support Mr. Longhurst and his vision. We are just starting.
01/31/2012 7:21:56 PM
User
In my life I have encountered many people like Mr.Sherbourne, they're sweet, kind, funny, and whole hearted...only to realize that in reality they are manipulative, rude, and self centered. runnercoach64 was doing nothing but stating the truth. Mr.Sherbourne deliberately slapped all of the High School track coaches in the face with his first comment, and has been ever since he started. How do you think that they feel(the High School coaches who ACTUALLY coach)? When one fairly new coach persuades top high school athletes (who GOT to the top with their HIGH SCHOOL COACHES) to join his league, trains them and then mocks their original coaches? After they give up their time every day at practice and every night planning for the next? that they could be spending with their families? and practically working for free? Sit back and think... when your athlete completely stopped training with their high school coach and solely trained with Mr.Sherbourne, did they truly perform better? Or was it a mix of high school coaching and Mr.Sherbourne? It was a mix... because although his training style helps, its not what it takes to be a top athlete, thats where the true high school coaches come in. Also Mr.Sherbourne if your athletes "dont give a damn" about qualifying for states, why are they coming back to their High School teams at the end of the season??? hmmmmm I think that they want to qualify for states!! Do you want your child being coached by someone who talks that way and treats people the way Mr.Sherbourne does in his comments and articles? Let me just add I have NEVER in my ten years of running heard ANY of my school coaches talk like that. Was the second paragraph of your comment really necessary, Mr.Sherbourne? If you formed this club to contribute a positive manner within this society... why don't you start contributing a positive manner and stop putting down others in the community who have done nothing wrong to you.
In my life I have encountered many people like Mr.Sherbourne, they're sweet, kind, funny, and whole hearted...only to realize that in reality they are manipulative, rude, and self centered. runnercoach64 was doing nothing but stating the truth. Mr.Sherbourne deliberately slapped all of the High School track coaches in the face with his first comment, and has been ever since he started. How do you think that they feel(the High School coaches who ACTUALLY coach)? When one fairly new coach persuades top high school athletes (who GOT to the top with their HIGH SCHOOL COACHES) to join his league, trains them and then mocks their original coaches? After they give up their time every day at practice and every night planning for the next? that they could be spending with their families? and practically working for free? Sit back and think... when your athlete completely stopped training with their high school coach and solely trained with Mr.Sherbourne, did they truly perform better? Or was it a mix of high school coaching and Mr.Sherbourne? It was a mix... because although his training style helps, its not what it takes to be a top athlete, thats where the true high school coaches come in. Also Mr.Sherbourne if your athletes "dont give a damn" about qualifying for states, why are they coming back to their High School teams at the end of the season??? hmmmmm I think that they want to qualify for states!! Do you want your child being coached by someone who talks that way and treats people the way Mr.Sherbourne does in his comments and articles? Let me just add I have NEVER in my ten years of running heard ANY of my school coaches talk like that. Was the second paragraph of your comment really necessary, Mr.Sherbourne? If you formed this club to contribute a positive manner within this society... why don't you start contributing a positive manner and stop putting down others in the community who have done nothing wrong to you.
01/31/2012 9:29:26 PM
User
As a fan of the sport I appreciate what Craig and the JDL group have done with the facility. Over the years, many groups have talked about such a facility but these guys have made this project a reality and are on their way to a successful first indoor season. Hopefully efforts such as JDL's will help grow the sport in North Carolina and perhaps encourage some schools to consider adding indoor track.
As a fan of the sport I appreciate what Craig and the JDL group have done with the facility. Over the years, many groups have talked about such a facility but these guys have made this project a reality and are on their way to a successful first indoor season. Hopefully efforts such as JDL's will help grow the sport in North Carolina and perhaps encourage some schools to consider adding indoor track.
01/31/2012 11:17:40 PM
Power User
I would like to apologize for using this particular thread to voice my frustrations. It was wrong to disrespect the fine facility that Craig has built. Thank you Craig for all you have done and will do for all runners who will use your facility.
I would like to apologize for using this particular thread to voice my frustrations. It was wrong to disrespect the fine facility that Craig has built. Thank you Craig for all you have done and will do for all runners who will use your facility.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.