North Carolina HS Opener 2012
12/30/2011 8:31:13 AM
User
Click on the link below and then click performance list. [url=http://www.coachoregistration.com/meet/info/nc_durhamstriders/2012/01-07_2012_North_Carolina_High_School_Opener/]NC Opener Entries[/url]
Click on the link below and then click performance list.

NC Opener Entries
12/30/2011 7:45:29 PM
Coach
@Waddell With North Carolina having one of the deepest women's track and field list for national competitors in the country; this meet and I suspect each of the meets held in the state, will turn out to be highly competitive and should produce some very good marks. The boys will do just as well, but I am more familiar with the womens athletes. If Ariah and Olicia attend this meet, we will have a who's who of girl's track and field in N.C. I am looking forward to seeing the competition.
@Waddell With North Carolina having one of the deepest women's track and field list for national competitors in the country; this meet and I suspect each of the meets held in the state, will turn out to be highly competitive and should produce some very good marks. The boys will do just as well, but I am more familiar with the womens athletes. If Ariah and Olicia attend this meet, we will have a who's who of girl's track and field in N.C. I am looking forward to seeing the competition.
01/02/2012 7:37:21 PM
User
@gbocmusic Wow, the entries are really getting high for this meet. I wonder if they will set a cutoff? This happened a few years ago.
@gbocmusic
Wow, the entries are really getting high for this meet. I wonder if they will set a cutoff? This happened a few years ago.
01/04/2012 12:04:16 AM
Coach
@Waddell Agreed. What are the estimates for when this meet will end? Schools will need to make arrangements with their transportation.
@Waddell

Agreed. What are the estimates for when this meet will end? Schools will need to make arrangements with their transportation.
01/06/2012 6:49:08 PM
User
@gbocmusic With no disprect to the two young ladies from Wakefield I think that Garbrielle Gray who just verbal committed to South Carolina and Alexis Murphy who is being highly sought out by a numbers of schools and is an All-American in soccerr as well and who ran well this past summer and was a member of National Champions 4X100 meters relays along with Garbrielle Gray are in the same class as both of those young ladies from Wakefield. Alex won the 200 meters in the outdoors state champion last year and Garbielle won the 100 meters and in addition finish in the 3rd in the 100 Meters finals in National USA Track and Field for youth. Also with Francesa Evan of Cumming and Teauanna Cuthberton of North Rowan, Mollie William the new and upcoming hurdler in the State along with Paisley Simmon speaks volumes in what North Carolina is producing in track and field with our young women.
@gbocmusic
With no disprect to the two young ladies from Wakefield I think that Garbrielle Gray
who just verbal committed to South Carolina and Alexis Murphy who is being highly
sought out by a numbers of schools and is an All-American in soccerr as well and who ran well this past summer and was a member of National Champions 4X100 meters relays
along with Garbrielle Gray are in the same class as both of those young ladies from
Wakefield. Alex won the 200 meters in the outdoors state champion last year and
Garbielle won the 100 meters and in addition finish in the 3rd in the 100 Meters finals in National USA Track and Field for youth. Also with Francesa Evan of Cumming and Teauanna Cuthberton of North Rowan, Mollie William the new and upcoming hurdler in the State along with Paisley Simmon speaks volumes in what North Carolina is producing in track and field with our young women.
01/06/2012 10:16:27 PM
Coach
@EACNUT I agree, Gabrielle is my daughter. I enjoy the competition, which is what track and field should be about, not breaking records.
@EACNUT I agree, Gabrielle is my daughter. I enjoy the competition, which is what track and field should be about, not breaking records.
01/08/2012 3:10:59 PM
User
@gbocmusic I have posted a video of the 55M finals of the 2012 UNC HS Opener. It was a great race. A great meet in my opinion. My hat is off to the Durham Striders organization they really did a nice job of keeping the meet moving. I agree with some of the other posters it was ashame to pull the 3200M runners off the track because they were lapped in the fast heat. Hopefully that was a leason learned that you should not ruin an athlete's day when their performance was as submitted, because the competition is outstanding.
@gbocmusic I have posted a video of the 55M finals of the 2012 UNC HS Opener. It was a great race. A great meet in my opinion. My hat is off to the Durham Striders organization they really did a nice job of keeping the meet moving. I agree with some of the other posters it was ashame to pull the 3200M runners off the track because they were lapped in the fast heat. Hopefully that was a leason learned that you should not ruin an athlete's day when their performance was as submitted, because the competition is outstanding.
01/16/2012 1:33:08 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@gbocmusic Have you thought about going to Taco Bell Track Classic in Columbia SC this year? Home of the Gamecocks! Many Gamecock track athletes have run at the Taco Bell Classic. I am a Gamecock grad myself, did not run though. If you have any questions about the meet let me know (that goes for any coach in the state). Info can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/tacobelltrack/home Even though I coach at Watauga HS, I am still running all things electronic (timing/entries/website/etc...) at the meet. When you go to the website, check out the videos I uploaded last week. The facility in absolutely amazing after the recent upgrade. Kevin
@gbocmusic
Have you thought about going to Taco Bell Track Classic in Columbia SC this year? Home of the Gamecocks! Many Gamecock track athletes have run at the Taco Bell Classic. I am a Gamecock grad myself, did not run though. If you have any questions about the meet let me know (that goes for any coach in the state). Info can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/tacobelltrack/home

Even though I coach at Watauga HS, I am still running all things electronic (timing/entries/website/etc...) at the meet.

When you go to the website, check out the videos I uploaded last week. The facility in absolutely amazing after the recent upgrade.

Kevin
01/16/2012 6:07:16 PM
Coach
@Elgin We have attended the Taco Bell Meet every year since 2009 and as far as I know; the team will be attending this year as well.
@Elgin We have attended the Taco Bell Meet every year since 2009 and as far as I know; the team will be attending this year as well.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.