NCHSAA 4A West Regional 2011
05/10/2011 5:17:03 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Can someone from the 4A West Region explain how dropping a baton leads to a disqualification? I just read the article where the ZB Vance 4x200 team was disqualified even after they finished the race in first place. Can we get clarification?
Can someone from the 4A West Region explain how dropping a baton leads to a disqualification? I just read the article where the ZB Vance 4x200 team was disqualified even after they finished the race in first place. Can we get clarification?
05/10/2011 5:47:20 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@coach_eazy Coach, the officials judged that the baton was "thrown" at the conclusion of the race.
@coach_eazy
Coach, the officials judged that the baton was "thrown" at the conclusion of the race.
05/10/2011 6:31:47 PM
User
@coach_eazy Can someone explain to me how only 4 of the 100 meter regional qualifiers ran a time of 11.14 or better, when 20 put a qualifying time of 11.14 or better. One sprinter put a qualifying time down of 10.94 and ran an 11.65. Who is over verifying these times and how do I contact that person? Please let me know? There are other major discrepancies also, not just this one! 3 sprinters did not even run period.
@coach_eazy

Can someone explain to me how only 4 of the 100 meter regional qualifiers ran a time of 11.14 or better, when 20 put a qualifying time of 11.14 or better. One sprinter put a qualifying time down of 10.94 and ran an 11.65. Who is over verifying these times and how do I contact that person? Please let me know? There are other major discrepancies also, not just this one! 3 sprinters did not even run period.
05/11/2011 6:22:20 AM
User
@amorgan I don't know who made this call, but from where I sat (infield, 40m from the finish) it was wrong. The baton was dropped and landed right at the athlete's feet, and at the same time he was reaching for his hamstring with the hand that had been holding the baton. Maybe there was a gesture or something said that indicated some type of bad intent, but otherwise I could not understand how that DQ was made. I was certainly surprised to see it when the results got to me.
@amorgan I don't know who made this call, but from where I sat (infield, 40m from the finish) it was wrong. The baton was dropped and landed right at the athlete's feet, and at the same time he was reaching for his hamstring with the hand that had been holding the baton. Maybe there was a gesture or something said that indicated some type of bad intent, but otherwise I could not understand how that DQ was made. I was certainly surprised to see it when the results got to me.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.