hats and/or gloves at state meet?
11/03/2019 9:16:57 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Forecast for state meet on Saturday looks to be near-freezing. Just wondering if anyone has the rule handy for wearing hats and gloves in race. DO they have to match? Do they have to adhere to the 2 1/4 inch logo rule? Thnaks for your help!
Forecast for state meet on Saturday looks to be near-freezing. Just wondering if anyone has the rule handy for wearing hats and gloves in race. DO they have to match? Do they have to adhere to the 2 1/4 inch logo rule?
Thnaks for your help!
11/05/2019 9:24:19 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
In the past it was up to meet management to make the call
In the past it was up to meet management to make the call
11/05/2019 2:22:05 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@joannesbitmabe Gloves, like socks, should NOT be regulated at all. Hats are a trickier matter, so I would email Jason Bryant, the meet director, to see his take on it.
@joannesbitmabe Gloves, like socks, should NOT be regulated at all. Hats are a trickier matter, so I would email Jason Bryant, the meet director, to see his take on it.
11/05/2019 2:58:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks, I already emailed Jason. Waiting to hear back after their Wednesday meeting. Will post here when I get the answer.
Thanks, I already emailed Jason. Waiting to hear back after their Wednesday meeting. Will post here when I get the answer.
11/06/2019 9:05:58 AM
Coach
Thanks for that update Coach
Thanks for that update Coach
11/06/2019 9:31:33 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I've always thought it was a Games Committee decision but a quick flip through the Rule Book was unfruitful for me. It's in there. Somewhere. Coaches received an email about uniform rules from NCHSAA today. The part prohibiting skullcaps, hats, etc was underlined & in bold for emphasis. Earlier in the week, the forecast projected the temperature to be 32 at the start of the 3A boys race. Now says 38. Will change again one way or the other, I'm sure before then. My team practiced in the low 30s at 6 AM this week to get used to the weather and figure out what they'd wear Saturday. ALL wore & felt like they needed beanies (or toboggans as I was taught to say). Interesting the wording says hats can't be worn unless for religious or medical reasons. I'd say covering exposed skin at 32 degrees is for a medical reason. I've run plenty of long mountain runs in single digits, snow & strong winds but with the proper clothing.
I've always thought it was a Games Committee decision but a quick flip through the Rule Book was unfruitful for me. It's in there. Somewhere. Coaches received an email about uniform rules from NCHSAA today. The part prohibiting skullcaps, hats, etc was underlined & in bold for emphasis. Earlier in the week, the forecast projected the temperature to be 32 at the start of the 3A boys race. Now says 38. Will change again one way or the other, I'm sure before then. My team practiced in the low 30s at 6 AM this week to get used to the weather and figure out what they'd wear Saturday. ALL wore & felt like they needed beanies (or toboggans as I was taught to say). Interesting the wording says hats can't be worn unless for religious or medical reasons. I'd say covering exposed skin at 32 degrees is for a medical reason. I've run plenty of long mountain runs in single digits, snow & strong winds but with the proper clothing.
11/06/2019 9:37:47 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[url=https://photos.app.goo.gl/AHxWFpGE7DmKZzMY7]https://photos.app.goo.gl/AHxWFpGE7DmKZzMY7[/url] It does appear kids can wear "school approved headgear" if it's cold enough. Who decides if it's cold enough? No logos over 2 1/4" as with uniforms. I think we'll have toboggans at the ready and toss them if rules committee says no-go. I think safety should be number 1 priority. Staying warm is staying safe.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AHxWFpGE7DmKZzMY7
It does appear kids can wear "school approved headgear" if it's cold enough. Who decides if it's cold enough? No logos over 2 1/4" as with uniforms. I think we'll have toboggans at the ready and toss them if rules committee says no-go. I think safety should be number 1 priority. Staying warm is staying safe.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.