NC United
12/29/2018 7:11:29 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
This was the worst meet I've ever attended! Untrained and unprofessional workers and volunteers at this meet. For long jump the coaches couldn't be in the center as usual but they conveniently made a coaches box in the spector's section which the already over populated place had took over. Had I been of a different race or one of their friends I would of stood a chance to stay in the center. I seen many that weren't made to leave and even asked one of the coaches and he said no one ever said anything to him. Ya'll allowed people to stand in front of the bleachers and in the walk ways which is a fire hazard. I am highly disappointed in your poor planning and leadership!
This was the worst meet I've ever attended! Untrained and unprofessional workers and volunteers at this meet. For long jump the coaches couldn't be in the center as usual but they conveniently made a coaches box in the spector's section which the already over populated place had took over. Had I been of a different race or one of their friends I would of stood a chance to stay in the center. I seen many that weren't made to leave and even asked one of the coaches and he said no one ever said anything to him. Ya'll allowed people to stand in front of the bleachers and in the walk ways which is a fire hazard. I am highly disappointed in your poor planning and leadership!
12/30/2018 8:44:55 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Mopargirl143 I'm the facility director for JDL. I'm sorry that you had a less than stellar experience. JDL did not run this meet, so I cannot speak to the officials or volunteers who ran the LJ. With respect to the crowds and people in the aisles, this is a problem at every meet. The security guards did make passes to tell people to sit down and not stand at the fence (despite signs that also say that), but as soon as the security guards pass, people flock back to the fence. As for coaches on the infield, that would have been a meet management decision, but I would support that, as we do that for the HS meets we host. There is a limited amount of space on the infield and if you say coaches are allowed, next thing you know there are also a ton of parents out there, too. At that point, there isn't enough room for the athletes to move, so I support their decision to disallow coaches on the infield. I was watching the running events more than the field, as my son ran the 800, and the running events ran super smoothly. I have a spreadsheet to estimate the length of each meet based on entries, and they finished the meet about 20 minutes ahead of what I predicted internally. I believe this is the fourth year of this meet, and we have enjoyed the relationship and found them to meet the standards we have set for running an efficient meet. Youth meets are especially tough, which is why this is one of the few meets that we allow someone else to run in our facility, and I think NC United does a great job.
@Mopargirl143

I'm the facility director for JDL. I'm sorry that you had a less than stellar experience. JDL did not run this meet, so I cannot speak to the officials or volunteers who ran the LJ. With respect to the crowds and people in the aisles, this is a problem at every meet. The security guards did make passes to tell people to sit down and not stand at the fence (despite signs that also say that), but as soon as the security guards pass, people flock back to the fence.

As for coaches on the infield, that would have been a meet management decision, but I would support that, as we do that for the HS meets we host. There is a limited amount of space on the infield and if you say coaches are allowed, next thing you know there are also a ton of parents out there, too. At that point, there isn't enough room for the athletes to move, so I support their decision to disallow coaches on the infield.

I was watching the running events more than the field, as my son ran the 800, and the running events ran super smoothly. I have a spreadsheet to estimate the length of each meet based on entries, and they finished the meet about 20 minutes ahead of what I predicted internally. I believe this is the fourth year of this meet, and we have enjoyed the relationship and found them to meet the standards we have set for running an efficient meet. Youth meets are especially tough, which is why this is one of the few meets that we allow someone else to run in our facility, and I think NC United does a great job.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.