New XC Regionals
04/04/2017 10:14:40 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Has the format changed on how teams will qualify for state at regionals? or will it be the same top 4 teams make it?
Has the format changed on how teams will qualify for state at regionals? or will it be the same top 4 teams make it?
04/04/2017 1:39:31 PM
Coach
Also, which schools are in the 4A West?Only the East, Mid-East and Mid-West show up on my screen.
Also, which schools are in the 4A West?Only the East, Mid-East and Mid-West show up on my screen.
04/04/2017 1:56:46 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@runninggram I thought I checked to make sure it fit on the page for each region. Fixed 4A pages, not sure why it only happened for that page. Also, there isn't any additional information on changes to the qualifying procedure posted that I can find on the NCHSAA website. Jason
@runninggram I thought I checked to make sure it fit on the page for each region. Fixed 4A pages, not sure why it only happened for that page.

Also, there isn't any additional information on changes to the qualifying procedure posted that I can find on the NCHSAA website.

Jason
04/04/2017 11:22:32 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=lonnie]Has the format changed on how teams will qualify for state at regionals? or will it be the same top 4 teams make it?[/quote] The word after the NCHSAA Board meeting was that they accepted the coaches' association proposal that the top 25% of teams from each regional would qualify. I have not seen anything explaining how and when that 25% will be converted to an actual number of qualifiers, i.e., round up/down/nearest; based on teams assigned/entered/scoring. I would not be at all surprised if no one at the NCHSAA has even thought about the fact that just saying "25% of teams in the region" does not settle the question. Largely because they probably don't spend much time thinking about cross country at all, especially in the first six months of the year. Based on a personal desire to not have a 30 team meet in 3A, and also to know before the regional race starts how many teams will advance, I hope they base it on 25% of schools with entered teams, rounded down. (Or, round however you want, but cap the qualifiers at 6 per region.)
lonnie wrote:

The word after the NCHSAA Board meeting was that they accepted the coaches' association proposal that the top 25% of teams from each regional would qualify.
I have not seen anything explaining how and when that 25% will be converted to an actual number of qualifiers, i.e., round up/down/nearest; based on teams assigned/entered/scoring.
I would not be at all surprised if no one at the NCHSAA has even thought about the fact that just saying "25% of teams in the region" does not settle the question. Largely because they probably don't spend much time thinking about cross country at all, especially in the first six months of the year.
Based on a personal desire to not have a 30 team meet in 3A, and also to know before the regional race starts how many teams will advance, I hope they base it on 25% of schools with entered teams, rounded down. (Or, round however you want, but cap the qualifiers at 6 per region.)

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.