Indoor Track - Interest
10/23/2016 2:37:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I Know South Carolina currently does not have indoor track However I would like to know if any one would support a Series of meets run on and outdoor track at indoor distances These meet would be setup to give track athletes the opportunity to prepare for outdoor possible qualify for new balance indoor nationals. New Balance will accept times run on outdoor tracks I am new to south Carolina and am working with university to host a series of 8 meets we are thinking of having all the indoor events minus relays because kid will compete open not with school. please give me your thoughts and a list of coaches that would support and help get indoor into south Carolina Kenneth McDaniel 804-266-0694
I Know South Carolina currently does not have indoor track
However I would like to know if any one would support a Series of meets
run on and outdoor track at indoor distances
These meet would be setup to give track athletes the opportunity to prepare for outdoor
possible qualify for new balance indoor nationals.

New Balance will accept times run on outdoor tracks

I am new to south Carolina and am working with university to host a series of 8 meets
we are thinking of having all the indoor events minus relays because kid will compete open not with school.

please give me your thoughts
and a list of coaches that would support and help get indoor into south Carolina

Kenneth McDaniel
804-266-0694
10/23/2016 5:16:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@knnmcdaniel please email me jolson@milesplit.com. Thanks. John scrunners managing editor
@knnmcdaniel please email me jolson@milesplit.com. Thanks.

John
scrunners managing editor
10/28/2016 1:34:07 PM
Coach
@knnmcdaniel That's an interesting subject that you brought up. I would love to see South Carolina get some "polar bear" meets going. I'm actually a South Carolina native and live in SC now. But I coach at Olympic HS in Charlotte. My school is very close to SC, whether you take I-77 or I-85. We host plenty of polar bear meets and have had some SC athletes compete unattached. I'll be looking forward to see how this comes along.
@knnmcdaniel
That's an interesting subject that you brought up. I would love to see South Carolina get some "polar bear" meets going. I'm actually a South Carolina native and live in SC now. But I coach at Olympic HS in Charlotte. My school is very close to SC, whether you take I-77 or I-85. We host plenty of polar bear meets and have had some SC athletes compete unattached. I'll be looking forward to see how this comes along.
10/29/2016 8:59:10 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@knnmcdaniel Kenneth welcome to SC. The SC coaches association has proposed and struggled with the schsl for nearly 20 years to get indoor track. Every possible proposal has been provided to them . From polar bear meets to full indoor meets. They have refused annually. We will not stop striving for indoor. But the schsl simply allows us to participate where we like as unattached clubs. Only.legitimate clubs and or unattached member athletes can legally participate. Usc and Clemson have unsuccessfully hosted meets like this , using their.indour facilities. Those of us who operate clubs will continue to do so regardless of the outcome. But in my opinion it's full indoor support from schsl or its a lost case. The die hards that do indoor on their own will always do so. Unless the entire school sport system changes, it's travel for indoor. Maybe usc and clemsons new indoor facilities may change that. Time will tell
@knnmcdaniel Kenneth welcome to SC. The SC coaches association has proposed and struggled with the schsl for nearly 20 years to get indoor track. Every possible proposal has been provided to them . From polar bear meets to full indoor meets. They have refused annually. We will not stop striving for indoor. But the schsl simply allows us to participate where we like as unattached clubs. Only.legitimate clubs and or unattached member athletes can legally participate. Usc and Clemson have unsuccessfully hosted meets like this , using their.indour facilities. Those of us who operate clubs will continue to do so regardless of the outcome. But in my opinion it's full indoor support from schsl or its a lost case. The die hards that do indoor on their own will always do so. Unless the entire school sport system changes, it's travel for indoor. Maybe usc and clemsons new indoor facilities may change that. Time will tell
11/01/2016 1:49:10 PM
User
It would be nice to see more support and involvement from the SCHSL. When compared to neighboring states, SC is decades behind others, not only when it comes to indoor track but in regards to other things also. Very frustrating.
It would be nice to see more support and involvement from the SCHSL. When compared to neighboring states, SC is decades behind others, not only when it comes to indoor track but in regards to other things also. Very frustrating.
12/29/2016 9:12:24 PM
User
This is a great idea. Definitely would save me some gas money traveling to NC every weekend. Anyone have any Clemson or Carolina connections?
This is a great idea. Definitely would save me some gas money traveling to NC every weekend. Anyone have any Clemson or Carolina connections?

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.