Throwing implements @ the State Meet
05/18/2016 1:34:43 PM
Coach
A couple throwing coaches in my area have been discussing this and I think I heard it correctly on the conference call. Athletes are not allowed to use their own shots, but can use their own non-rubber discus if it weighs properly. The question is, why can't they use their own shots if they can be weighed? Some of the shots have a different feel or circumference that some athletes prefer. I'm not a throws coach, but some have asked my opinion. Just checking to see if this is a local concern or if coaches in other areas have thought about this.
A couple throwing coaches in my area have been discussing this and I think I heard it correctly on the conference call. Athletes are not allowed to use their own shots, but can use their own non-rubber discus if it weighs properly. The question is, why can't they use their own shots if they can be weighed? Some of the shots have a different feel or circumference that some athletes prefer. I'm not a throws coach, but some have asked my opinion. Just checking to see if this is a local concern or if coaches in other areas have thought about this.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.