Bessemer City Home Meet 2014
03/06/2014 7:15:06 AM
User
Trent Friday must have just been running to get in shape at this meet.
03/06/2014 1:52:33 PM
Coach
[quote=inspector]Trent Friday must have just been running to get in shape at this meet.[/quote] @inspector There could have been a myriad of factors: 1) He could have been running into 14 mph head winds. 2) He could have been running without spikes into 14 mph head winds. 3) He could have elected to run just slightly faster than his competition. Extreme speed gives you this option. 4) He may have been told by FSU coaching staff to just take it easy this outdoor season. 5) It could have been 35 degrees out by the time he ran and he had not warmed up enough before hand. 6) He could have been feeling under the weather (flu, stomach virus, common cold, food poisoning, etc.) The possibilities are endless and purely speculative. The reality is. A win, is a win, is a win!! The beauty of this sport. No officials judging you on style, aesthetics, the length of your legs, the color of your hair, what your uniform looks like, etc. In the Spirit of Sport Jonathan Sherbourne Platinum Sports Academy
inspector wrote:

@inspector

There could have been a myriad of factors:
1) He could have been running into 14 mph head winds.
2) He could have been running without spikes into 14 mph head winds.
3) He could have elected to run just slightly faster than his competition. Extreme speed gives you this option.
4) He may have been told by FSU coaching staff to just take it easy this outdoor season.
5) It could have been 35 degrees out by the time he ran and he had not warmed up enough before hand.
6) He could have been feeling under the weather (flu, stomach virus, common cold, food poisoning, etc.)

The possibilities are endless and purely speculative.

The reality is. A win, is a win, is a win!!

The beauty of this sport. No officials judging you on style, aesthetics, the length of your legs, the color of your hair, what your uniform looks like, etc.

In the Spirit of Sport
Jonathan Sherbourne
Platinum Sports Academy
03/06/2014 3:24:41 PM
User
@StengthCoach I agree. There are so many things that can cause a runner to not run an expected time. The neat thing is if a certain runner were to ever make to the Olympics/World Championships someone can now pull up this meet and say "I raced him in high school and won/tied".
@StengthCoach I agree. There are so many things that can cause a runner to not run an expected time. The neat thing is if a certain runner were to ever make to the Olympics/World Championships someone can now pull up this meet and say "I raced him in high school and won/tied".
03/06/2014 3:33:45 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@inspector One other possibility - as a member of the Cherryville team, he is obligated to compete in their small meets, which are far below his ability level. This would disrupt his training, unless he either cruises easily through those races, or actually uses the meets as workouts.
@inspector One other possibility - as a member of the Cherryville team, he is obligated to compete in their small meets, which are far below his ability level. This would disrupt his training, unless he either cruises easily through those races, or actually uses the meets as workouts.
03/07/2014 10:02:12 AM
Coach
It was 38 degrees and he was not wearing spikes and was working on Form and blocks plus told to do enough to win because he had 2 tough days of workouts prior to the meet and was still a little sore. If you look at times from last year this is the pace he took and don't doubt him being in shape or unable to run a top time.B-)
It was 38 degrees and he was not wearing spikes and was working on Form and blocks plus told to do enough to win because he had 2 tough days of workouts prior to the meet and was still a little sore. If you look at times from last year this is the pace he took and don't doubt him being in shape or unable to run a top time.
03/07/2014 11:01:57 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Don't forget that he was standing up and did alternating cycles 50 and 50 We will not be focusing on outdoor until he is done with indoors.
Don't forget that he was standing up and did alternating cycles 50 and 50
We will not be focusing on outdoor until he is done with indoors.
03/07/2014 8:03:12 PM
User
I agree that a win is a win and I know that if you ever pulled up this race he could never say that he beat Trent Friday as he didn't run against him he was in the first heat so he could only say that he beat his time.....It is the first meet that he has run this season. So don't just assume anything about him he is healthy and is still completing indoors as well.
I agree that a win is a win and I know that if you ever pulled up this race he could never say that he beat Trent Friday as he didn't run against him he was in the first heat so he could only say that he beat his time.....It is the first meet that he has run this season. So don't just assume anything about him he is healthy and is still completing indoors as well.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.