Article Comment: NCRunners and NCTCCCA to Combine Efforts on Postseason Meet
03/24/2013 9:42:06 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Excited to see if this combination can really bring about a great championship style meet for NC. Such a talented state and would love to see the best compete against each other.
Excited to see if this combination can really bring about a great championship style meet for NC. Such a talented state and would love to see the best compete against each other.
03/25/2013 6:27:45 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Wouldn't it also be great if you could see how NC matches up against other states? Since this is a post season meet how about allowing State Champs/Elite runners from other states to come test their metal against NC's best since some of them will be competing against these same NC runners at NBN a few weeks later. Definitely would make a great meet even greater! Shouldn't become over whelming if there is a tough yet reasonable time standard.
Wouldn't it also be great if you could see how NC matches up against other states? Since this is a post season meet how about allowing State Champs/Elite runners from other states to come test their metal against NC's best since some of them will be competing against these same NC runners at NBN a few weeks later. Definitely would make a great meet even greater! Shouldn't become over whelming if there is a tough yet reasonable time standard.
03/25/2013 6:51:56 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@kvsmith95 It says in the article that the meet will be open to athletes from other states. So bring Kaila on up here!
@kvsmith95 It says in the article that the meet will be open to athletes from other states. So bring Kaila on up here!
03/25/2013 7:01:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachGeorgeRJR - R.I.F. !! :-) Thanks! You know we love competition. Definitely miss NC and NCRunners.
@CoachGeorgeRJR - R.I.F. !!

Thanks! You know we love competition. Definitely miss NC and NCRunners.
03/25/2013 11:20:41 PM
Coach
Sounds like what Nj and ny do... Can it be right after the last state champs? Not sure I like the idea of other states too.. Maybe a true mee of champs for nc then the next week ..- a clash of the states?
Sounds like what Nj and ny do... Can it be right after the last state champs? Not sure I like the idea of other states too.. Maybe a true mee of champs for nc then the next week ..- a clash of the states?
03/26/2013 6:05:37 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@CoachViggs This is not sanctioned like New Jersey, and there is no obligation for state champions to attend. It also serves the purpose of allowing top-flight athletes to stay sharp for outdoor nationals. Keep in mind, the second-place athlete in 4A is often stronger than state champions in other classes. Also, the weekend after the last state meet is Memorial Day weekend, so going the next weekend seems much better.
@CoachViggs This is not sanctioned like New Jersey, and there is no obligation for state champions to attend. It also serves the purpose of allowing top-flight athletes to stay sharp for outdoor nationals. Keep in mind, the second-place athlete in 4A is often stronger than state champions in other classes. Also, the weekend after the last state meet is Memorial Day weekend, so going the next weekend seems much better.
04/20/2013 12:24:06 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Any new info about this?
Any new info about this?
04/20/2013 6:58:50 PM
Power User
@ak4runnin Should have some specific details later this week posted. Having a meeting tomorrow night to iron out all the details and specifics. Check back later this week and I'm sure Jeff George will update everyone on here as he will be at the meeting with us. Coach Youtz
@ak4runnin

Should have some specific details later this week posted. Having a meeting tomorrow night to iron out all the details and specifics. Check back later this week and I'm sure Jeff George will update everyone on here as he will be at the meeting with us.

Coach Youtz

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.