Suggestion: New stats category when athletes change implement weight group
03/17/2013 9:23:29 AM
User
Just another suggestion to the long list of "would be nice" for tracking T&F stats - we have some outstanding throw athletes beginning T&F in middle school that should have their T&F stats tracked online, but since their implements are in a lighter weight category, it would be good to see a break in their stats & PRs to acknowledge that those stats were in a specific weight. An example: a freshman girl comes in with a shot put PR of 47', but that was as a middle schooler with a 6lb shot. As a high schooler, she now has a 4K shot (8.8lbs) and the stats and PRs should be reset. The PRs and stat tracking of the two different weights should be separate. I see it as similar to a runner having their 100m and their 200m abilities being tracked separately. The male throwers have this case even more as they change weight categories more than the girls.
Just another suggestion to the long list of "would be nice" for tracking T&F stats - we have some outstanding throw athletes beginning T&F in middle school that should have their T&F stats tracked online, but since their implements are in a lighter weight category, it would be good to see a break in their stats & PRs to acknowledge that those stats were in a specific weight.

An example: a freshman girl comes in with a shot put PR of 47', but that was as a middle schooler with a 6lb shot. As a high schooler, she now has a 4K shot (8.8lbs) and the stats and PRs should be reset. The PRs and stat tracking of the two different weights should be separate. I see it as similar to a runner having their 100m and their 200m abilities being tracked separately. The male throwers have this case even more as they change weight categories more than the girls.
03/17/2013 9:52:22 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@Ready2Throw Funny you should mention this. As MileSplit is venturing into tracking professional athletes, there IS something in the works to distinguish (or at least recognize) implements of different weights. In the pipeline, we would also like to provide a better format for club teams, and that would also involve recognizing different implement weights (and also hurdle heights). I'm not sure of the timeline, or how it will look when done, but I wanted you to know that's on the table.
@Ready2Throw Funny you should mention this. As MileSplit is venturing into tracking professional athletes, there IS something in the works to distinguish (or at least recognize) implements of different weights. In the pipeline, we would also like to provide a better format for club teams, and that would also involve recognizing different implement weights (and also hurdle heights). I'm not sure of the timeline, or how it will look when done, but I wanted you to know that's on the table.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.