Article Comment: NCHSAA 3A Team Rankings
10/15/2012 4:53:13 PM
User
My math may be wrong but when calculating numbers it appears the 7th, 8th and 9th teams are posted wrong. Northwest Cabarrus should be 7th, followed by West Cartaret and North Buncombe
My math may be wrong but when calculating numbers it appears the 7th, 8th and 9th teams are posted wrong. Northwest Cabarrus should be 7th, followed by West Cartaret and North Buncombe
10/15/2012 6:10:07 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@ttlowe Can you be more specific? Do you believe the scores are wrong, or do you think there are times missing?
@ttlowe Can you be more specific? Do you believe the scores are wrong, or do you think there are times missing?
10/15/2012 7:32:44 PM
Coach
@CoachGeorgeRJR looks like he is basing it on average time instead of score
@CoachGeorgeRJR looks like he is basing it on average time instead of score
10/15/2012 8:05:36 PM
User
I'm sorry, I should've said I was talking about girls. Based off what I see as far as average time and and total time goes it looks like NW should be at 7 and and then W Carteret and N Buncombe. It's not a big deal but it did catch my eye. Thanks
I'm sorry, I should've said I was talking about girls. Based off what I see as far as average time and and total time goes it looks like NW should be at 7 and and then W Carteret and N Buncombe. It's not a big deal but it did catch my eye. Thanks
10/15/2012 8:18:04 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@ttlowe Average times can be misleading, and they are not the basis of the rankings. The ranking comes from scoring all the runners as a giant meet, as though they had all raced together and run their best time.
@ttlowe Average times can be misleading, and they are not the basis of the rankings. The ranking comes from scoring all the runners as a giant meet, as though they had all raced together and run their best time.
10/15/2012 8:46:51 PM
User
Okay, I see that now. Thanks for clearing that up.
Okay, I see that now. Thanks for clearing that up.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.