South View Track and Field Friends of the Program present the
2018 Tiger Relays
Saturday,March 3rd, 2018, At Reid Ross Classical School, Fayetteville, NC, Hosted by South View High School
Team EntryFee: Only $175 for boys and girls or $125 for a single gender team.This is anentry fee, not a participation fee. Ifyou register and do not show up, your school will be billed.
Entries Online: Entries will be done online at NCRunners.com. The entry deadline will be Wednesday, February28, 11:59PM.THERE WILL BE NO RACE-DAY ADDITIONS TO ANY EVENTS.
- Entries openonline Sunday, February 11, 2018 and close Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 11:59pm.You may enter upto three (3) relay squads for each relay.
- Each athlete may participate in a maximum of four events includingrelays.
- Entry times and marks should be realistic estimations of what the athlete is capable ofon meet day.
- IMPORTANT: The Freshman 1600 and Sophomore 1600 aretwo different events. There is NO ENTRYLIMITon these events ONLY.
- Except for theFreshman and Sophomore 1600s, youmay enter only four (4) athletes in individual track and fieldevents.
- IndividualEntry Fee: Individuals may enter the meet at a cost of $25.00. For thatamount they can participate in up to four (4) events.That athlete must represent their school.
- Checks should be made payable to South View Track and Field. Do notmail. Bring them to the meet withyou.
- Coach Autry can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at910.257.7560 (Text only.Do not leavevoicemail).
- This is an entry fee, not a participation fee. If you register and do not show up, your school will be billed.
Important information to know:
Parking: Spectator parking will be in the back parking lot offLynn Street, where the Parks and RecreationFields are.Buses will park in the lots in front of ReidRoss Classical School.South View ROTCwill be out tohelp with parking.
Admission: All spectators will be $5 for adults, $3 for studentswith a school I.D. and $1 for children under 12.
T-Shirts: Invitational t-shirts will be available in a variety of colors for $15-$20
Concessions will be available.No food or drink from the outside will beallowed in.
TheFacility: The track and jump areas are rubber.Quarter inch pyramid spikes ONLY.
Throwing Implements: We will have a variety of implements.If you bring your own, they must be weighed and marked by 10:15am.
Field Event Standards: For field events, there are no finals.All field events participants will beallotted (3)attempts.The first measurableattempt will be recorded.After that, onlyattempts that meet the standards at the bottom of this page will be measured.
No Preliminaries: All times and marks are finals.
Thestarting height of the High Jump will be 4-00 for girls and 5-02 for boys.
Thestarting height for pole vault is TBA.
The all thrower relay squads must be comprised of athletes who "threw" in thismeet.
Scoring: The meet will be scored through eight places.Every relay team counts.This means your B and Cteams can count. Thisallows your younger athletes to affect the outcome.
The uniform code may be relaxed at the discretion of the meet director due toweather.A-team relays shouldmatchaccording to the NFHS rules.
Pleaseask your athletes to clean up your area before you leave.
Results: Will be sent to NCPrepSports.net, NC.MileSplit.com andthe Fayetteville Observer.
Field Event Marks:Theathlete's first measurable attempt will be marked, after that, they will haveto meet the standards below:
- Girls Long Jump - 12-00
- Girls Triple Jump - 23-00
- Girls Shot Put - 22-00
- Girls Discus - 65-00
- Girls High Jump Starts at 4-00
- Girls Pole Vault TBA
- Boys Long Jump - 16-06
- Boys Triple Jump - 34-00
- Boys Shot Put - 32-00
- Boys Discus - 80-00
- Boys High Jump Starts at 5-02
- Boys Pole Vault TBA
Estimated Time Schedule Below(The order of events is accurate, but we will be on arolling schedule.):
8:30 AMTrackOpen for Warm-Ups
8:45Brief Officials' Meeting
9:30FieldEvents Begin(boys shot and girlsdiscus will be first in the throws; long jump before triple jump)
Trackevents begin on a rolling schedule:
Sophomore 1600 Meters - no limit on entries
Freshman 1600 Meters - no limit on entries
300 Meter Hurdles
Invitational 1600 Meters (Elite sophomores and freshmen may run this event.)
4x100 Meter All-ThrowersRelays (Athletes must have thrown that day.)
DistanceMedley Relay (1200 - 400 - 800 - 1600)
Girls800M Sprint Medley Relay (100 - 100 - 200 - 400)
Boys1600M Sprint Medley Relay (200 - 200 - 400 - 800)3200Meter Run
- No discussions yet. Be the first!