Rick Lomax

• jose san miguel
    User
    Insider
    jsanmiguel
    Rick Lomax
    The NC track and field community has lost a dedicated coach and friend. Rick Lomax died a couple of days ago. Through the years Rick helped many pole vaulters achieve their goals, and helped many coaches gain a better understanding of the event. His legacy lives on in the heart of the North Carolina pole vault community. Lomax Family, we are with you.
  • Site Admin
    Insider
    CoachGeorgeRJR
    @jsanmiguel Thanks for posting this. I've been meaning to put something up on the front page (and still will) but haven't been able to gather the information together yet. I got to work with Rick several times, and his only priority was helping kids, regardless of where they went to school. Great guy, and it won't be the same this year without him around at the meets.
  • User
    Insider
    Rockfish
    @jsanmiguel

Thanks for posting, Mr. Lomax's obituary is here: www.jenkinsfuneralhome.net/sitemaker/sites/JENKIN1....

My son and I were fortunate enough to meet him on a few occasions when he hosted vaulting clinics at his house with Coach Morell. Mr Lomax would always be positive and specifically spent time helping the new vaulters or those that were having an off day vaulting. He was always energetic and his caring for the kids was contagious.

Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

Best,
    Greg